main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Htc one m9 keeps resetting after white screen

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker
I was having problems with my m9. I kept getting a warning that I should use my htc charger to prevent slow charging which I was. I tried to switch the phone on and off again and now it won't how past the White htc screen. It keeps vibrating then restarting again. I've got intone reboot screen and all the option make it go back to the same problem. Any one have any ideas.
View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

It sounds like you are getting part of the way through.  Without being able to physically see what you are doing, it is kinda hard to give you any further pointers.

I think that the best thing to do would be to send the device off for repair.  You can also contact HTC directly and send the device off to them.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

HI there

Have you done a factory reset on the device?  If not, that could be a very good place to start. To do a factory reset, you need to press and hold the Volume down button, then press and hold the power key. Don't release these until you see the screen with the Android images.

Then use the volume key to scroll to Factory Reset and use the power button to select it.

PWIAC

View more options
Highlighted
I am unable to get to factory reset, holding them buttons doesn't work, it keeps going through the same process.
View more options
Highlighted

Are you turning the device off first?

PWIAC

View more options
Highlighted
Yes I am able to do this
View more options
Highlighted

if i hold down all 3 buttons it takes me to the restore page , no of the restore options work, however i can select power down on this page which is the only selection that has an effect.

View more options
Highlighted

It sounds like you are getting part of the way through.  Without being able to physically see what you are doing, it is kinda hard to give you any further pointers.

I think that the best thing to do would be to send the device off for repair.  You can also contact HTC directly and send the device off to them.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi

what was the outcome from this as mine is doing the same thing? I took mine to a local repair shop who tried to flash the phone but they couldn't even do this due to not having the relative software. 

Thanks in advance.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

You'd need to go to HTC for this, I think.   They'll have all the necessary software etc.

View more options