main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

S5 USB 3 issue

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

When I connect the S5 to my PC's USB 3 port(s), Windows pops up the message saying

"samsung mobile usb composite device can transfer faster if connected to a USB 3 port etc etc.."

any one else?

any ideas?

thanks in advance..

Night....

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, ive found that my Vodafone UK rom version (build number LRX2IT.G900FXXU1BNL9)

Doesnt have the option to use USB3 on the connect as.... dialogue page.

Ref this Post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2723275

so I'm off to get latest stock from sammobile..

will report back..

Night..

EDIT:  Flashed XXU1BOB7 which turned out to be a another UK VOD firmware but still no USB3 option.

The hunt continues

EDIT2: Can anyone who has the option to connect via MTP USB 3.0 (using a USB 3 cable) please post here with your firmware version.

thank you

EDIT3: Turns out the "Genuine" Samsung usb 3 cable wasnt genuine at all!!

Sigh........

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

You may need a USB 3 cable (there an illustration of one in this Wikipedia entry).   Though unless you're transferring massive amounts of data, you may not need the extra speed anyway.

View more options

Thanks for the reply

I'm using the USB 3 cable that was supplied with the phone.

Night...

View more options
17: Community Champion

The only other thing I can think of is that the computer's port is somehow running as USB 2.  Have you tried a different port?  When USB 2 came out, I seem to remember that some devcies only had one, or maybe two that weren't USB 1.

Or you could ignore the message.  As I said, unless you're moving vast amounts of data, the difference may be barely noticeable.  I agree it's an odd one, though.

The other other way to test it would be to get a known USB 3 memory stick and shove that in.  Or even try a different USB 3 cable.

View more options

Ok, ive found that my Vodafone UK rom version (build number LRX2IT.G900FXXU1BNL9)

Doesnt have the option to use USB3 on the connect as.... dialogue page.

Ref this Post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2723275

so I'm off to get latest stock from sammobile..

will report back..

Night..

EDIT:  Flashed XXU1BOB7 which turned out to be a another UK VOD firmware but still no USB3 option.

The hunt continues

EDIT2: Can anyone who has the option to connect via MTP USB 3.0 (using a USB 3 cable) please post here with your firmware version.

thank you

EDIT3: Turns out the "Genuine" Samsung usb 3 cable wasnt genuine at all!!

Sigh........

View solution in original position

View more options