Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 USB 3 issue

Nightlight
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

When I connect the S5 to my PC's USB 3 port(s), Windows pops up the message saying

"samsung mobile usb composite device can transfer faster if connected to a USB 3 port etc etc.."

any one else?

any ideas?

thanks in advance..

Night....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, ive found that my Vodafone UK rom version (build number LRX2IT.G900FXXU1BNL9)

Doesnt have the option to use USB3 on the connect as.... dialogue page.

Ref this Post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2723275

so I'm off to get latest stock from sammobile..

will report back..:)

Night..

EDIT:  Flashed XXU1BOB7 which turned out to be a another UK VOD firmware but still no USB3 option.

The hunt continues :Smiling:

EDIT2: Can anyone who has the option to connect via MTP USB 3.0 (using a USB 3 cable) please post here with your firmware version.

thank you

EDIT3: Turns out the "Genuine" Samsung usb 3 cable wasnt genuine at all!!

Sigh........

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

You may need a USB 3 cable (there an illustration of one in this Wikipedia entry).   Though unless you're transferring massive amounts of data, you may not need the extra speed anyway.

Thanks for the reply :Smiling:

I'm using the USB 3 cable that was supplied with the phone.

Night...

hrym

The only other thing I can think of is that the computer's port is somehow running as USB 2.  Have you tried a different port?  When USB 2 came out, I seem to remember that some devcies only had one, or maybe two that weren't USB 1.

Or you could ignore the message.  As I said, unless you're moving vast amounts of data, the difference may be barely noticeable.  I agree it's an odd one, though.

The other other way to test it would be to get a known USB 3 memory stick and shove that in.  Or even try a different USB 3 cable.

Ok, ive found that my Vodafone UK rom version (build number LRX2IT.G900FXXU1BNL9)

Doesnt have the option to use USB3 on the connect as.... dialogue page.

Ref this Post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2723275

so I'm off to get latest stock from sammobile..

will report back..:)

Night..

EDIT:  Flashed XXU1BOB7 which turned out to be a another UK VOD firmware but still no USB3 option.

The hunt continues :Smiling:

EDIT2: Can anyone who has the option to connect via MTP USB 3.0 (using a USB 3 cable) please post here with your firmware version.

thank you

EDIT3: Turns out the "Genuine" Samsung usb 3 cable wasnt genuine at all!!

Sigh........