Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Ask

Solution

Settling an old account

js1986
3: Seeker
I have been contacted through twitter to send an email to you in regards to the horrendous customer service ive received via your customer service telephone number & online chat. Can some1 please contact by email or mobile call asap as i would like to make some sense of what has happened over the past 10 days.

Thanks guys
Mr John Slasor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you post brief details here, someone should be able to help.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

hrym

If you post brief details here, someone should be able to help.

js1986
I dont think the issue could be noted on here as "brief". Im currently writing an email that i was intending to forward to Vodafone's CEO but maybe it might not need to go as far if you guys can help.

In short i have basically been trying to settle a cancelled account from 2011 that until i checked my credit file was unaware that it had defaulted. In 3 and half years vodafone or a 3rd party collector have not sent me any correspondance regarding this matter and all this time it has been damaging my chances of gaining credit. I spoke with a financial adviser in regards to purchasing my 1st home and he has told me that this default would affect my chances of getting a mortgage. So from the 12th of January i have tried to discuss my account and possibly settle this acc by offering a reduced sum to which i believed was possible due to the fact if had not contacted Vodafone this debt would have probably remained outstanding for some time and quite possibly dropped off my credit file and therefore payment never of been paid to Vodafone.

This was all taken on advice of my financial advisor and citezins advice. But little did i know the frustation and stress it would cause in 1) trying to find my cancelled account, 2) speaking with a manager after numerous call backs were promised and 3) receiving contradicting messages from each agent i spoke with only to be told that what was said in previous conversations was not noted on the systems.

The issue is now partly resolved but i would greatly appreciate contact from a manager who i can speak with 1 -2-1 and can understand the serverity of how bad of a service ive received, rather than speaking to someone who is reading and answering from a script.

If you would like my contact details please let me know how you would like to receive these so we can hopefully move forward and resolve this matter

Cheers guys

John Slasor

hrym

Any unsettled debt has to be reflected on your credit record, but  the circumstances may have a bearing on it.   There's a dedicated team here who deal with this sort of thing and they can look at the full history and may be able to get the record changed or removed, depending on the history (which they'll have access to).  I'm not in a porition to promise anything, but they have been know to remove a default if it's appropriate.   In the meantime, it might be worth getting a note put on your file explaining the circumstances and that you dispute the bill, which might help.   If the default is removed, remove the note, of course.

Hang on, you'll get a response in due course and this should be quicker than going via the CEO (though you have that option later if you need it).

js1986
Thanks for your reply. The problem i have and what i meant by stating problem was half resolved was because i had a time limit to resolve and settle this issue due to meetings with my financial adviser and looking at getting a mortgage. Therefore i had to bite the bullet and lend money from family to settle this outstanding debt in order to proceed with my view of getting a mortgage.

The problem i have is the amount of communication, chasing up on my part, false promises and down right poor customer service i received during the whole episode.

The fact that this has taken almost 2 weeks to get any sort of clarity on the matter is simply a joke. Due to this i do hope something positive whether it be a refund of some monies, removal of the default from my credit file or at very least an explination and apology will occur.

Once a higher authority has heard of the issues and seen my notes i cannot see how the latter would not be considered.

Thank you for getting back to me though.
(Finally starting to feel im getting through to someone)

js1986
Any ideas when you get a response or contact from vodafone rep?

js1986
Can any1 tell me if these posts have actually been seen by any Vodafone reps? Feel like im getting nowhere!

Hi @js1986,

Sorry to hear this.

We'd love to hear feedback on the service you've received. 

If you post via our eForum, we'll look into your issue further.

Thanks,

Rodney

Emila_86
1: Seeker
Amazing!! Thank you so much πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜

Emila_86
1: Seeker
The number isn't recognised πŸ˜‘