Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow Internet too

Jayceemarlow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Well, I am joining the slow internet club as well. Signed up for Vodafone Fibre 76. I needed it fairly quickly and in the Vodafone Store was promised it should be completed within 2 weeks. Some hours later I got an email with a much later date. Called the helpdesk and: “ Sorry, that is out of our hands, but dependent on OpenReach”. OK, go with it.. Got the confirmation letter with a minimum guaranteed speed of 39.81 MBps, and going live 25th September. Back home on the 25th, nothing.. Called the helpdesk and it turned out Vodafone entered the wrong username/password on their side. They promised it should be fixed end of the day. And yes, it was, speed was about 38 Mbps.

Checked the next day, speed down to 26.46 Mbps. Well, just wait, as stated, 10 days, it needs to be trained and can fluctuate. Went lower and lower, 22, 16 etc. I waited until 8th October, fairly more than the 10 days, and at that time it had been down to 15 Mbps steady for some days. Time to call the helpdesk. Eventually got called back and the employee was very helpful. (so maybe not horror stories I read before) Explained the problem and she asked for screenshots of the speedtests and Vodafone app.

Send those, I got a promise to be called back. That happened and I was told the problem needed to be raised to the technical team, and they would be in touch soon. (Sidenote: apparently it is impossible for a telecom provider like Vodafone to contact me on a non-UK mobile number. I can call it from my Vodafone landline, my work phone, but the helpdesk or engineers can’t. So I am forced to walk around with 2 phones just to be reachable for Vodafone…)

Engineers tried to call me, I couldn’t answer so they send me a text, Friday 13th October 08.51 (see attachment). Yes we found a fault and within 3 working days an OpenReach engineer will work on it, will keep you updated. I gave it until Wednesday 18th (4 working days in my book). Nothing, no update, no improvement. I emailed the same helpdesk contact as before about this, no reaction.textVodafone1310.jpg

It is now Friday 20th, no update , and still slow speed, around 16-18 Mbps on the Vodafone app. I am too nearing my first 30 days cool off period and I am paying for a not delivered service. Vodafone get your act together and get this sorted!!

15 REPLIES 15

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jayceemarlow2 If you'd like us to chase this up for you, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

I can understand and appreciate the frustration this issue has been causing, however we do want to come to a resolution with you. 

I reacted to the PM and got exactly the same reactions and troubles another user has had :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Whats-up-with-your-customer-service-vodafone-Is...

Been getting the run around, connected to the standard broadband helpdesk etc.
Sunday a week ago got called back by Level 2 with the information Open Reach needed to work on it, it was a Network Link problem,  Couldnt be done before Friday 15/12.  I came home after some business trips on friday 15/12 and...Working internet 45 mbps.....looked good but not prepared to party yet.. wait and see.

yesterday (19/12) got a text that something is wrong with my internet, asked to call back for an engineer booking?? surprising hmm, it is working now, so called back with them, that for now it seems ok.

I was/am checking the speed everyday:

15/12   45 mbps

16/12   43

17/12    42,5

18/12    42

19/12  40

20/12 am 40

and checked just now.20/12 pm... 35.....

This starts to look like what happened in the beginning to start with. Dropping speeds after some days....

My guaranteed minimum is 39.8. Within 5 days I am already below that.

I am on holiday the next weeks so I can't check my speeds.
I sincerely hope when I come back this is not happening again.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@jayceemarlow2 We hope you have a nice holiday, please update us once you're back. We appreciate your frustration and understandably so, if you're still having issues when you return, please contact us again and we'll try our best to get this resolved for you.

It could be that you'll need an engineer visit as advised previously and our Technical team will be more than happy to get this arranged for you.

@jayceemarlow2

I've had no response so far, uploaded a speed test on my other post. Just ridicolous really nothing else to say. When you come back from holiday, expect the same issues. Nothing will be done about it. This is what it seems like. 3mb download speed on a 76mb fibre connection. What else needs to be said?

Hakajole
1: Seeker

Slow plus when it does work goes about 5 inches away from Router once installed.

Plus took me nearly a month top get through to them and then no gift do hope they not useless throughout the contract  although not a very good start

Mozambezi
4: Newbie

76 Fibre Unlimited. Vodafone isn't supplying internet but takes money. Easy as it is.

2 to 4 MBps between 15:00 and 1:00. Same over weekends, bank holidays all day through.

Unreal jitter due not fit for purpose router. On 5.8Ghz WiFi freezes and falls over.

Access Speed 67MBps  fault free.

PC sits on LAN (1GBps). No other devices.

Wolverton (Milton Keynes) Exchange.

Often No IP avaliable, so no internet

I tried tech support - came up All Fine - fob off!!! Your cable is OK.

I tried Complaints at Voodoo Phone - the didn't bother to reply emails.

I tried Resolver - another useless crap -. Sorry, you complained to the top guy and here is nothing what we can do for you... They say Ombudsman - pile of bull.

I'm waiting for new Ofcom rules in 2018 when ISP will have to publish average speed during rush hours. Then switch and never come back.