Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony lollipop

podycust
4: Newbie

Now sony have released lollipop how long before you approve it vodafone?

Happy to help!

59 REPLIES 59

Screen pinning locks you to one app, great for that friend that when you give them your phone to show them picture but go and do other stuff for example.  Once turned on in security settings from the recent apps just tap the pin next to the app card you want to pin.

Happy to help!

Yup, and then (assuming you're using a PIN to lock the device) as soon as they hit home it'll revert to the pin lock screen.

Really useful.

BatCaroli
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi all, going to update mine when home where wifi more reliable. Before I do can you let me know if all settings, apps, contacts and texts appear after update?!

BatCaroli - Yes, they remain

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, mine have.

skeddy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Very impressed with the update so far.

Battery usage has been greatly tweaked. Without changing anything on the installed apps, I've only notcied a 5% drop in battery in the last 3 hours.

Compared to yesterday, that's a massive, massive improvement.

I plan to do a full charge this evening and see how it lasts tomorrow. Generally from 9am at 100% I'm down to 30% by 5pm.

Screenshot_2015-04-15-16-24-59.png

The material design has changed a fair bit of the UI and how you work certain things (like open apps) but it's lovely and crisp. Very resposive too.

I'd give it 8/10 right now 🙂

I'm loving location and trusted device unlock!

So for example, on my Z3 Compact Tablet when I also have my bluetooth keyboard with me, switching it on automatically unlocks the tablet. 

And at home my phone no longer requests a PIN.

Simple little things.

63johnw
Yeah, works with my android watch too, as long as I have it on no pin required.

Any other pro's and con's guys?

Cons:

• No Camera API V2 support, which is a real shame because Sony could absolutely kill it with the set up in the Z3.
  • STILL can't set manual as the default camera mode, which is one of those frustrations that grates every time you have to switch it!

Pros:

• Material design, it's odd to start with but give it time and you soon realise exactly where Google are going with this. It's well worth the wait.
  • Battery life is even better than before. I take mine off charge at around 6:30-7am and after a full day in the office, bluetooth audio at the gym etc I still have around 60% left at 10:30pm. Previously that would have been 40%.
  • ART runtime really seems to have had a positive effect on apps. Everything seems to be very slick now.

There are probably a million and one other improvements, but having been using it for nearly a month It's hard to think back!