cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working with BT Infinity.

erika_london
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have switched service providers from Sky to BT and upgraded to BT Infinity.

I'm quite pleased witht he speed, but I just don't seem to be able to get the Sure Signal to work.

Can you sync it with the server for me?

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Erika

45 REPLIES 45

karenh60
I have changed the Ethernet cable to the one that came with the BT infinity hub. Now have a solid red light & solid white lights on 2nd & 3rd lights. However I still don't have full service onto phone so it's still not working.
I've gone into the hub on my computer but I can't work out how to check the ports. I go into port forwarding & it gives me a long list of things but sure signal isn't one of them. I can't find anywhere where I would check the ports.
I'm fast becoming fed up with all this, what else do I need to do?
I will try it at a friends tomorrow, however I thought the post code had to be changed for it to work, is that not the case?
Karen

Hi karenh60,

The Sure Signal needs to be located at another postcode and also a different ISP.

Let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Ian

karenh60
Hi,
I plugged it in about an hour ago & it's the same as it was at home. I am at a different post code & it's plugged into EE router.
Red light on constantly, 2nd & 3rd lights also on constantly & white. Ethernet lights are also the same, green on constant, amber flashing.
What now?
Karen

Hi Karenh60,

You will need to leave this plugged in and connected on the new router for a couple of hours if possible to see if the setup procedure completes.

James

karenh60
It's been plugged in for four hours so far & no change!!

Hi Karen,

The lights you saw after changing the Ethernet cable show that the Sure Signal was ready to take calls.

The set up process that James mentioned can take up to 6 hours to complete.

I’ve checked your serial number and it connected to our servers yesterday at 5:38pm, just after you posted.

Let me know how you get on at this different address, and also what happens when you try the Sure Signal at your home address again.

Cheers,

Andy

karenh60
Thank you. After 6.5 hrs at this other address, nothing has changed with the lights & still no service. I will let you know tomorrow how it is when I plug it back in tonight at home.
Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the update, it’s a shame that the Sure Signal didn’t work at the different postcode.

It may have been that the router needed certain ports forwarding.

I hope you’ll find everything will work when you plug it in at home.

Remember, the Sure Signal will probably go through the set up process again.

Let me know what happens.

Cheers,

karenh60
Good morning
I plugged it back in at home at 9.30 last night @ 8 this morning there's no change!

Hi karenh60,

I can see that your Sure Signal did connect to the server again last night when you plugged it in, but it sounds like it’s still not working.

Now that the setup process should have been completed, what light sequence are you now seeing?

Also, when you tested this on a different connection, were they using a different internet provider?

In regards to the ports, you can see more information about how to forward these on your router here.

James