Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1

marvtress
4: Newbie
Hello. This is the first time I have done this through the forum. As a Vodafone employee it will be interesting to see how this works.

I have a sure signal v1. It has been in and working for at least six months. I have not changed my router or anything else in the mix at all.

I have defaulted my router and reconfigured the port forward settings that were originally configured prior to the reset.

There is nothing wring with my speed and there is no more trouble shooting that I can perform.

I have had this issue before.

Can somebody please re sync my sure signal box.

Thanks.
25 REPLIES 25

pam84
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yes I have the same issue with a V1. I noticed it this morning (17th Dec) but I didn't check last night.

I find that my system is getting no response from the IPSEC endpoint at 88.82.13.168 ; DNS entry is cluster13.vap.vodafone.co.uk. That machine does not respond to pings at the moment. It looks like a fault on the network gateway. Will the vodafone monitors please get someone to fix this or at least make it clear that there is a fault on some visible status location..

Are you on Plusnet?  Seems to be an ISP related issue.

I am on plus net. Will try calling them.

I have the same problem. I'm on Plusnet and overnight my SS v1 has lost it's connection. There are about 5 other people posted on another thread with the same problem too.

I tried requesting support from Plusnet using live chat but just got told they don't support issues with 3rd party devices  - great!

Is it worth de-registering and re-registering the SS to try and create the connection again?

Look/add your comments to this thread on the plusnet forums

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135019.0.html 

EDIT::

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135002.0.html (plusnet moved the thread)

Ian

It strikes me that some more sophisticated diagnostics are needed for the SS family.

It's all a bit "everyone get out of the car, kick the tyres, get back in, flash the lights and sound the horn. Then try and start it again". Put it on the Mk4 wishlist?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

With all due respect Jenny, have a scan through the posts from today, not just on this thread, but all of them.  The diagnosis seems to be down to a network change within PlusNet, or Openreach relating to a lot of PlusNet users no longer being able to use the SS.

Throwing out the standard 'we can't help until you've filled this in" response isn't doing any favours and isn't offering any degree of support or demonstration that this is being appropriately investigated.

If you have a problem manager you could make aware of these threads, and perhaps encourage them to talk to PlusNet too, we may be getting close to resolving this and making your customers happy, rather than making your customers somewhat frustrated at the apparent lack of interest to this, for many, significant issue.

pscotter
4: Newbie

Another PlusNet user whose SS1 failed to Light 1 only first noticed this morning.

I echo the "please look at this issue as a problem affecting multiple users rather than a series of individual queries" suggestion above.

Many thanks