Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1

marvtress
4: Newbie
Hello. This is the first time I have done this through the forum. As a Vodafone employee it will be interesting to see how this works.

I have a sure signal v1. It has been in and working for at least six months. I have not changed my router or anything else in the mix at all.

I have defaulted my router and reconfigured the port forward settings that were originally configured prior to the reset.

There is nothing wring with my speed and there is no more trouble shooting that I can perform.

I have had this issue before.

Can somebody please re sync my sure signal box.

Thanks.
25 REPLIES 25

I'm On BT and am having the same issue.

I'm assuming i should either be abe to ping or telnet vap.vodafone.co.uk 50

IP adress 212.183.133.177

The BT support team were very rude and are refusing to help at this time- do they have a point as the last IP address is a vodafone server?

The tracert is 

Tracing route to vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms BTHomeHub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * 7 ms 6 ms 31.55.187.197
4 9 ms 9 ms 7 ms 31.55.187.196
5 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms core3-hu0-1-0-0.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.127.32]
6 8 ms 8 ms 15 ms 62.6.201.221
7 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
8 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 85.205.0.93
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 *

vodafone have been very slow at helping and also say that they can't manually connet to the Sure signal device either.

Yet my SS shows up as having old software?

please help, 

Thanks

Stuart

Another thought was that this might be a BT or local firewal issue, however, even tel netting from another web location (http://www.adminkit.net/telnet.aspx) to vap.vodafone.co.uk 50 does not work.

What has vodafone done to the server at the other end?

So a now nice person from BT has been in touch to confirm that thee are no new BT changes that should affect this, and even given me a port opening document should i need it for my router.  

So Vodafone - All back at you why does my SS nt work?

I had a similar problem on changing ISP, and it turned out to be a problem with MTU on the link. Previously I had MTU=1492 and that worked with my previous ISP. When I changed, it turned out that my new ISP used MTU=1500 by default and that was screwing things up. They changed my line to MTU=1492 and the SS gateway sprang into life. It may be something to explore with your ISP, but good luck with the BT helpdesk!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @StuartFawcett

Please get back to us with your Sure Signal serial number and we can look into this further.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Many thanks,

Stuart

Hi @StuartFawcett

The Vodafone Sure Signal isn’t making a connection to the network.

Can you try powering off your router then reactivating it, then perform a factory reset on the Sure Signal.

1. Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  2. Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  3. Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  4. Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will now try to contact the network and download its profile. This can take up to 6 hours.

Once this has been done you may need to make sure that the port forwarding has been reset to the following details:

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

We recommend that you try a different Ethernet cable in the Vodafone Sure Signal.

Once this has been actioned, if this still isn’t working, try the device in a different location preferably with a different internet service provider, to see if the device is communicating with the Vodafone network.

Cheers,

Laura