Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v2 resync

treaclebob
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have a Sure Signal v2, which hasn't been working for about a week. After trying various suggestions from the forums with no joy, it occurred that the problem seemed to start when BT Protect was accidentally enabled. Having disabled it, the Sure Signal has gone from having no lights showing to having both white lights flashing. Whilst messing about, we did a factory reset. Does the Sure Signal now need some action from the Vodafone end in order to get it working again?

traceroute shows that we can access the Vodafone network, and the various speed and performance tests show that network connectivity is good. For reference, the Sure Signal serial number is 40110424195.

Regards,

TreacleBob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions, but with no luck. Today, however, I worked out what the problem was. The Sure Signal was showing no lights at all - not even the connection light on the Ethernet socket. On checking the power supply, I found that it was putting out less than 1V, instead of the rated 12V. I've swapped this for a spare one of similar rating, and the Sure Signal is now up and running again. Maybe this will help others with a similar problem.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@treaclebob So we can look into this further, please let us know: 

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks for the reply. Here's the requested information. The speed was measured from a wifi connected host, so it's somewhat slower than the wired connection that the Sure Signal has to the router.

Ping 27ms
Download 14.63 Mbps
Upload 11.16 Mbps

Ping 12ms
Jitter 1ms

External IPv4 81.141.94.112

1     3 ms     6 ms     3 ms  [SNIP]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  31.55.187.188
  5    11 ms    12 ms    12 ms  195.99.127.170
  6    10 ms    10 ms     9 ms  195.99.127.10
  7    13 ms    11 ms    10 ms  195.99.127.3
  8    16 ms    13 ms    15 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  9    13 ms    11 ms    11 ms  85.205.0.93
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

@treaclebob

I’ve re-synchronised the Sure Signal for you today. This can take up to 24 hours to connect.

If you’re still having problems after doing this, try changing the administrator to another number, remove your number and wait a few hours and then re-add it. You can then transfer them back into your name.

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions, but with no luck. Today, however, I worked out what the problem was. The Sure Signal was showing no lights at all - not even the connection light on the Ethernet socket. On checking the power supply, I found that it was putting out less than 1V, instead of the rated 12V. I've swapped this for a spare one of similar rating, and the Sure Signal is now up and running again. Maybe this will help others with a similar problem.