Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 4 Power

rossfishburn84
2: Seeker

Is there anyway to extend the internal memory on this phone? I have a 16gb SD card but all apps need to be downloaded to the handset before being moved to the SD card. As a result I can only have about 2gb worth of apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you have an sd card in the phone, it should absorb it into the memory pool.  I think you will need to install apps to internal memory first and them move them, though (that option is in Settings|Apps and within the entry for the app itself).   I've used a Smart 4 Power and did it that way.  You can't upgrade the internal memory.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Th4cRaZyKiLLr
I don't know about that device for sure but you should see Settings> Storage> Default write disk.
Hope I helped you!

Th4cRaZyKiLLr
I don't know about that device for sure but you should see Settings> Storage> Default write disk.
Hope I helped you!

hrym

If you have an sd card in the phone, it should absorb it into the memory pool.  I think you will need to install apps to internal memory first and them move them, though (that option is in Settings|Apps and within the entry for the app itself).   I've used a Smart 4 Power and did it that way.  You can't upgrade the internal memory.

rossfishburn84
I have read about rooting the device to open up the internal memory, is this an option?

hrym

I wouldn't have thought so.   The internal memory is physically fixed and I wouldn't mess with rooting.   Even if you could free up some space, it wouldn't amount to much.   Just add an sd card.