cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal won't work with any devices - Why is the Sure Signal service page down ?

apdavoren
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have 3 phones on a Sure Signal as we don't have mobile coverage. Every now and then it seems to lose one or two of the numbers. This time it's lost all three. I've tried hard resets etc on all devices, the lights indicate it's happy.

It took two days for me to log into my Vodafone Account as the new 2-step login process requires I click for a text, drive somewhere where there's a signal, wait for the text and drive back to enter it. Unfortunately the texts usually take more than 20 minutes to come through so they've timed out before I can use the code. Please Vodafone, stop being so useless. No-one needs the extra security and it just makes things unecessarily complex (and reliant on Vodafone technology).

Finally I got through and the Sure Signal services page is down with some cutesy ("we're working real hard") banner. The support video on the page goes to a youtube dead end. Is this a technology company ?

Now all I want to do is de-register my sure signal and get the hell off Vodafone. I can't even do that.

Does anyone know when I might be able to get to my Sure Signal settings ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If you've moved numbers to another network and lost access to your Myvodafone then customer service via phone or live chat would have to de register it for you so your wife than can register to it as the new owner. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers

Hi

You can have the option to have the Security Code sent to a landline if that is of any help. 

Current Phone  >

To DeRegister you'll need to log into your Myvodafone and choose your number and manage services and then sure signal to DeRegister. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat from a computer could help you with this too. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks but I couldn't get to the page required as it's down. I also can't get texts at home which makes it difficult to log in altogether now that a text validation code is required.

Now my number has been switched to Three (as I've had enough of Vodafone) I need to work out how to de-register and setup the Sure Signal on my wife's work number. Unfortunately her work use Vodafone so she's stuck with having to use a Sure Signal.

Any ideas ?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

If you've moved numbers to another network and lost access to your Myvodafone then customer service via phone or live chat would have to de register it for you so your wife than can register to it as the new owner. 

Current Phone  >

GillyJay
4: Newbie

I've had the same problem since early this morning. I can't get to my SureSignal info on my online account - same page as you 'we're working hard.....'. I've tried adding my husbands phone today and resorted to getting one of their advisors to sort it for me. Now he's got no signal at all. 

My advise is to go to Live Chat and they'll get someone to call you back from SureSignal but so far that hasn't resolved the issue with my hubbys phone but it may help you.

Thanks but Live chat was also down last time I tried. I need to work out how to de-register my Sure Signal without going on line as I cana't get into my account at all any more.

I got so fed up I got a PAC and ported to Three. What a joke. Turns out Three are just as bad as Vodafone. It's a race to the bottom between service providers in this country.

'Service' - As defined by the New OED

Service : Verb. What a service provider does to a customer in the UK. Normally unconsenting, as in "You have been serviced" Often this is done with a web site that doesn't work and/or a live chat line to a bunch of untrained operators in Mumbai

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@apdavoren @GillyJay Our site is now up and running again. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

You'll need to de-regsiter your Sure Signal device if you're thinking of handing it over to someone else. 

Thanks, but I can't get into the site as I switched my number to Three and now can't access the site. Is there another way ?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@apdavoren wrote:

Thanks, but I can't get into the site as I switched my number to Three and now can't access the site. Is there another way ?

You should have deregistered before you switched your number to your new provider. 

As you've not done that, in order to deregister the device, you will need to contact customer services who will help you.

PWIAC