Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

Actually, I just did my sums again as I had forgotten to add line rental, which BT allows you to pay in advance. Makes the difference minimal really, with BT more expensive by £16.53 over two years. Of course, I'd have to re-sign for line rental at the 12 month point at some unknown rate but I wouldn't expect it'll be too far off.

arcticicecool
So have they started giving this out now?

Can you provide an example password format please?

Thanks!

It's an 8 digit alphanumeric string with upper and lower case. I guess each password is account specific given that each username seems to be unique.

So after another "chat" with VF. I have now had my router software "upgraded" to 5.4.8.1.160.13.77 from the 5.4.8.1.271.1.41 I had peviously. So gone are the nicer looing GUI and ability to disable DHCP. Not sure how they can send out older firmware as an "upgrade".

Guess it means i dont have to restart my router multiple times a day, however not really a solution to the fact the router is defective.

So I have my username, if anyone knows how to find the password then let us know. It appears Vodafone are adamant that they cannot give out details, and are not budging on this for me having sooken to 4 different people now. You guys who got it are lucky!!

(but not quite as lucky as those who devices against joining VF at all, think they are the grand prize winners).

Off to file me a complaint letter I guess

SUCCESS!! FULL WORKING ON NETGEAR VDSL X4S D7800!!

BLISS!

I had similar issues and after googling and randomly clicking came across this forum and thank god!

I was experiencing strange drop outs and wifi drops with quality loss on iplayer etc. across many houshold devices. This was with my older netgear nighthawk which I used with BT before switching to Voda, now connected to the voda box. I kept resetting/unplugging pulling hair out blaming myself etc...

Read all the pages on this thread, made a phone call to voda support today, explained in the nicest possible way to a girl who then said she wouldn't be allowed to give out that information but if I take all responsibilty for using my modem and that she would add that to the notes on my account she would speak to her manager who would OK it. 2 mins later she tells me my login and pass. Thank you!!!!

To celebrate I went all out this afternoon and bought a Netgear Nighthawk X4s modem router! Plugged in the adsl plug in the back and followed the genie and selected UK as country and BT (important) as provider as per someone else's post. It then prompted me for a username and password which I put in and then that was it! I'm online and using it right now. Voda modem is back in it's cardboard box ha!

Despite what other frustrated users have said here and jumped ship etc, I'm prepared to give Voda a chance as they're only just starting out and their offer was too good, they waivered practically all charges and I get free calls anytime and 300 mins to mobiles, yes not happy about the 084 number connection charge but I get free caller display as well as voicemail which cannot be said for BT!!!!

Tried negotiating with BT after being a customer for 20 years they didn't want to know and only dropped the price of broadband fibre to £20p/m for loyalty but charged for everything else including voicemail and caller display!!??? Absolutely pathetic on BT's part and I'd talked to many people in the retentions department thinking I just got the wrong representative.

I'm staying with Voda til my 18 months are up and see what deal they can do next!

Hi Jeevez ,

Just came across your brilliant post.

I know it was a few months ago but what polite explanation did you say on the phone when asking for the unique username and password?

I was using my TP_Link Archer VR900 which was connected to my NAS drive for all devices to connect. Now because Vodafone won't give out info I'm very, very stuck and at a loss.

Joe

jimborae
Where was your password in the XML file? I searched but couldn't find it or anything that looked like it. There were some strings that contained lines which mentioned password but they were not my account password.

Lemaru
Appears then that I just seem to always get through to those unwilling to be of any help.

arcticicecool
This becomes a different argument completely when they start giving out the details to some customers and not others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys. Best thing is to either ask for manager and explain you're not a newbie and take full responsibility for configuring your modem yourself. As far as I know all ISP's should by rights give you your own DSL account login details, they're yours after all.

By all means mention this forum to back you up.

Vodafone should take note and perhaps do a deal with netgear for modem routers like Virgin and not cheap Huwai options with zero support after the mass purchase deal is done.