Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

arcticicecool
If someone figured out how to flash Tomato on these routers, they'd be pretty decent hardware!

joe87d
Top trolling @carly. Well done.

jimborae
Would be nice to have any kind of broadband at the moment. 12 hours & counting and Vodafone have no clue what the issue is apart from it being at their end. At least BT could provide a stable service and knew how to resolve issues quickly.

BigBEn

I don't really understand VFs stance on this - but hey ho, I'm month 17 of my 18 months and won't be renewing. I understand with new products it takes time to bed in but I imagine some meeting set the "only our router" policy ages ago and they are sticking to it - which would be fine if it wasn't half-finished and suffering from annoying bugs and lack of functionlity.

Once renewal numbers start looking bad they might do something about it, but I'll be long gone and finally be able to use my Raspberry Pi and HiFiBerry as a music server again :Smiling:

Slippy here again, following up on my long winded message about 5 pages ago.

My setup continues to work flawlessly; and it's all down to configuring the Vodafone router to do nothing more than hand the Apple Base Station in my office the internet connection and allow the Apple Network to do the rest (in particular, the handing out of IP addresses to all of my devices via the built in DHCP service).

The precise positioning of the Apple Extreme hardware in the house has also enabled me to get good coverage in every room apart from my kitchen which is 11 metres high and 18 metres long, with a pitched roof and a large tiled floor.  On reading up about this, it's simply a horrible room for radio waves to deal with, so whilst my iPad and Smart TV work fine, my iPhone remains unstable in that room.

Bottom line; if you sign up to Vodafone, accept (for the time being) that the router is terrible and you have to implement a work around if you want more than 5 devices connected to it.  If you are unprepared to do this, then my advice would be to seek an alternative provider.  There are people on other sites working hard to crack the router to reveal the PPoE credentials.  If anyone successfully does this then please, please post the details on this forum.  Let's get this information in the public domain!

Hi guys,

I'm also having problems with the router. Has any managed to change the DNS server to an internal IP?

Everytime I point the DNS servers to my Pi-hole I loose all connectivity on my devices. If I point the devices direct to the Pi-hole everything works just fine. I had this working 100% on my Draytek before switching from Sky to Vodafone.

Also has anyone else noticed that ports keep getting added to Port Mapping by themselves?

I've set no ports up but I have these added...

Local IP Address Protocol Local Port Public Port      

192.168.1.2UDP6318863188   
192.168.1.2UDP6318963189   
192.168.1.2UDP6319063190

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

I've set no ports up but I have these added...
Local IP Address Protocol Local Port Public Port      
192.168.1.2	UDP	63188	63188	 	 	 
192.168.1.2	UDP	63189	63189	 	 	 
192.168.1.2	UDP	63190	63190

those ports have probably been added by an UPNP device.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm guessing theres no way to put the router into bridge mode?

Josh-
1: Seeker

Has anybody had any luck getting details recently? I called earlier and they put me through to cancellations!

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Josh-

We only support our own routers, we're unable to provide any details so that you can use your own.

If you're having issues with the router itself, please come and speak to the Broadband Live Chat team.