Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

thanks matt i can see the screen shot, not sure what was going on. so worse case i can disable the friewal and place my own router in the DMZ has any dody tried this combo ?

I use a homeplug network, so use wireless access points elsewhere in the house.

My experience is that the LAN ports on the Vodafone router just can't handle the throughput either. I get either slow speeds when using wired, or under heavy load (OS Updates etc) the router just crashes.

So IMHO needing to use this router in any setup is going to be less than ideal. I'd seriously never recommend vodafone connect to anyone at the moment! The hardware has a really long way to go. (or they eventually cave and let us use our own).

Oh - and the app they wrote which doesn't really offer any value, also fails to work half the time.

Cupar-John what you want to do is exactly what I do. DMZ on and pointing to my Asus router which then does all the leg work (DHCP, custom DNS servers, wireless etc.)

This allows me to turn off what I can on the Connect router like wireless as best I can so I'm really only using it for its modem. This lightens the load and thus it seems to have enough oomph to be able to just act as a pass through to my own router.

Its making the best of a bad situation really but it's OK. The only issue is that you're double-NATing which may cause some applications problems. Hasn't for me so far but,your usage may be different.

Oh and if you ever need support them just plug a device into the Connect router before calling them and do the diagnosis from there as they won't u see stand such a complicated home network.

I think you will find this is for business broadband and not home.

I just wish that Vodafone would make the router and software better.

The next issue I have is my Linux Fedora server keeps having the static IP address dropped and then re-conneceted, yet again why this is happening I'm not to sure. 

At times I wish Vodafone would open the routers souce code and let people know what there doing fix the issues.

When I have time I will look again into getting some of the info from the router.

If any of you out there have time head over to freeforums.org and search for vodafonebroadband forum.

not sure what to do now, I have been offred a good deal but it might just give me a headache in the long run.

EHExplorer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Yeah, it works better than using the Vodafone router by itself but doesn't make the actual service any better. It's just terrible. Massive peak-time slowdowns and packet drops. And VF customer service are just useless. AND you don't end up saving much over a decent service with someone else because their call charges are stuck in 1980. Seriously, stay away.

MadScientist
4: Newbie
So any news on when the software fix is going to be released. We are rapidly running out of February and I'd quite like to be able to use my media server and maybe even the sky+ app