Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone insurance

fiyero
4: Newbie

Hello

Am I able to take out Vodafone insurance any time. I am thinking of taking it out as my Apple Care is nearly due to expire.

If one of the mods could look in to that for me I would be grateful

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there - yes, you can take out Vodafone's Insurance on existing handset, you will just need to pop into your local Vodafone store for them to check the handset over before they sign you up. You can find more details in this link

PWIAC

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

drey_p

HI there - yes, you can take out Vodafone's Insurance on existing handset, you will just need to pop into your local Vodafone store for them to check the handset over before they sign you up. You can find more details in this link

PWIAC

pablo2003
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I woyld like to know why a Sim only customer who has a Contract with Vodafone and uses Vodafone Lines is not allowed Vodafone Insurance

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Because Vodafone insurance is only used to cover handsets that are supplied by Vodafone. It's as simple as that and that's the business decision taken either by Vodafone or, more likely, the insurance company that actually operates the service.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

In Reply to non Vodafone handsets not being insured surely this  discriminating against Customers who have sim only  , they should be allowed the same rights as a Customer as they have a Contract  with Vodafone 

I cant see this being a terms and condtions from the Insurance company  AS THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS 

jeffkinn

On the contrary I'm pretty sure it would be a stipulation of the company that actually underwrites the insurance on behalf of Vodafone. That company is called Ace insurance and this is their website

http://www.acegroup.com/uk-en/

As for discrimination, a company can offers its products and services in any way they want and to whomever they want. That might not suit your need or my need as customers in which case we take our custom elsewhere. There are lots of third party mobile and gadget insurers and they are often better than the network offerings.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

froggerty

You would be far better insuring your phone under your household insurance, look in your policy to see what's covered already, if under 'house and contents' there is something that says 'any item kept in the dwelling and used outside' then it's already covered, you can add this element to your policy or through your broker or direct with your Company, however you do your insurance, insure your phone seperateley.

I want to Thank you for your Reply on the Subject of Mobile Phone insurance      through Vodafone which i had for many Years through Vodfone , and was advised to go on a Sim only Deal by a Vodafone Adviser , I was Told to Show my New Purchase phone to  Vodafone Shop ,they then informed  to Bring Proof of Purchase which i did next  day , they then Informed me through Vodafone Insurance ,I  cant have Vodafone Insurance as on sim only . which is my first point the Training   and \knowledge they have in Vodafone Shops is pretty poor , i was even told by Manger not to waste his time as he has better things to do .

I  am aware of 3rd parties  Insurance , but feel this a point of Law as I have contract and Line with Vodafone , i should not be Denied this Insurance !

I did follow up Ace Insurance as was advised , and they passed me onto a Company called Lifestyles , whom informed me it is Decision   of Both parties  Vodafone and Lifestyles to try to force your hand  by making you purchase a Handset from Vodafone !!!!!

jeffkinn

I agree with you about the training and knowledge of front line customer facing personnel.

Lifestyles provides the insurance I have with Barclays but I'm wasn't aware that they had a relationship with Vodafone.

With all due respect, of course it isn't a legal point. How can the law force a retailer to sell a product or service they don't want to sell?  You chose to deny Vodafone the opportunity of supplying you with a mobile phone. Should the law have forced you to allow Vodafone to supply a phone to you? Of course not - it's exactly the same.

You cannot have insurance through Vodafone - find an alternative source. There are lots of choices out there.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi can I clarify this on a Point of  Law 

Vodafone are selling this Insurance to those who have Contracts this i discovered when i was Chatting with vodafone Chat On line  , where i was informed it is sold to those who have a contract like myself with Sim only

there is nothing about you have to   purchase a  Vodafone  Phone this was made clear to me by Vodafone chat on line  who then tried to deny everything and told me he cant discuss anything  more , so this is the point of Law  

make of this what you want !