cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where Do I Find My Account Number or PIN?

davidbarker
1: Seeker
There might be a really obvious answer I'm missing, but I'm trying to register for the online services & am being asked for my account number or PIN. As far as I know, I don't have either?

I received the iPhone 4 on Friday and my number just became active today (after porting from O2), but the only kind of reference number I seemed to have on any email or even the documentation that came with the phone is the order number, beginning with 'o'.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
David
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi kayliczkowski

You can find out how to request your account number on our Top Ten Vodafone Questions. The easiest way is to text the word ACCOUNT + your full postcode to 97886. Should you be unable to use this service, you can also use the e-mail link provided in the Top Ten Questions and we'll e-mail the account number to you.

We're unable to e-mail your PIN number as we don't have full access to PIN numbers for obvious security reasons.

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original position

336 REPLIES 336

Hi

I am also missing an account number - it's not there on my welcome email and I get the "your account not eligible for upgrade" if I text - what should I do?

Thanks!

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi phil_s,

We can certainly help you with this.

You can get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

I'm struggling with the same issue - I dont have any bills or paperwork and the SMS request doesn't work. How can I get my account number without ringing customer services?

Hey backler87,

Thanks for posting.

Please click here and send us your details so we can look into it.

Cheers,

LeeH

I'm sorry but as a new customer this is beyond a joke that's its not been sorted in 2 years. I had the same problem and so has my partner when she got her phone today. It delays people porting their number across, especially when people don't answer the phone, the web registration lnks don't work, the txt option returns a irrelevant error messageand the supposed 24/7 online chat is always busy after 8pm. This is a simple thing to include

Hi marshalex,

We can get you this account number, if you contact the team here.

James

Hi

I did manage to get the account number in the end but what I can't understand is why none of options to get it work and why you don't provide this with the sim card/phone/email when it is dispatched. It should be so simple to do so and not providing it just causes customers hassle.

Are you aware that this is occuring and what are Vodafone doing in order to rectify these problems? It's embarassing to have an account registration link that doesn't work and an account number requesting system that replies with non-relevant information

Mrsdjrobinson
2: Seeker
Hi

Also having the unable to upgrade message to the ACCOUNT text having just changed providers from Orange. Very frustrating as I need access to my account to add a PAC code and keep my old number.

Help!

AJBolus
Why is everything so long winded with Vodafone?
First of all, every month my bill goes overdue because there is no set up direct debit.. This is because when I wanted to change my account details over, I wasn't allowed. I tried to change them online and I couldn't continue because I didn't have an account number or pin? - I've now been cut off and cannot phone 56677 because I've been cut off? How am I meant to pay if I can't even phone the payment line, I tried paying off a friends phone, I couldn't get very far as I was asked for a pin. Why do I need a pin to pay a bill? Who in their right mind would want to pay my bill? Why isn't it as simple as just typing in my debit details and there we go. I've tried phoning 191 and the landline number - neither work because surprisingly they ask for my account number? The reason I'm phoning is because I don't know my account number!! I try paying online.. No such luck without a pin, I try emailing vodafone like an earlier forum said, saying the account number would be emailed to you, but vodafone don't use email anymore.. Instead they use an eforum, that boasts ' 24 hours, seven days a week live chat' - I've had no phone all day, and the live chat has had busy serves for the last 12 hours. So after all of this I had no choice but to make an eforum login and have a moan, whilst at the same time ask very politely for someone.... Anyone from vodafone to email me my account number or PIN number.. And once they do, my bill shall be paid, and everyone shall be happy. Thank you.

Hi AJBolus,

So we can get this sorted for you, please contact the team here.

James