Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is my money?

louleda
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I get paid from work every 4 weeks instead of calendar month - even though I have a direct debit set up that takes the money for my Vodafone bill out the 27th of every month it's easier for me to pay whenever I get the "your bill is ready" email from Vodafone.

ive done this for at least 3-4 years. I did this on 22nd August 2017 - it's sitting in my pending payment through the bank and Vodafone have no clue where the money is and say I haven't paid and will be charged again on the 27th if no money is received. I've spoke to 4 different people at Vodafone and still had no help. The first person said it takes 24 hours second person says 48 hours the others kept saying no payment has been received and just kept reciting how much was needed to pay. I have screenshots of the pending payment from my bank that no one cares about. And I refuse to have another payment taken from my account which will result in me cancelling the direct debit and probably being cut off and going to a different network. 

Ive been with Vodafone 15 years and now I literally have 2 days to sort this out and have had no help. 

Will someone please give me a hand?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Whilst I appreciate people have their preferred payment habits it's much smoother letting the Direct Debit taking payment. 

I've seen a few similar threads to yours where the payment has glitched in some way and then it can take 7-14 working days for the on hold payment to drop back into a persons account. 

I appreciate your frustrations at this but cancelling a Direct Debit that then results in non payment can have a negative impact on your Credit File if Vodafone reports this if they are unable to secure payment. Along with possible Service restrictions and possible re connection fee's. 

I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have 3 phones on my account. The total balance is £118.58 - so I'm expected through no fault of my own to pay this out twice and hope I get one of the payments back? It's fine for me to pay it and them lose my payment but I can't "lose" the second payment they're gonna take from me? Leaving me out of pocket. 

AnnS

Hi @louleda

If you have a direct debit arrangement in place and are going to make a manual payment, it has to be done at least 7 working days before the direct debit date.  If it is left any later, the direct debit will be active at the bank and there will be nothing Vodafone will be able to do to stop the money leaving your account.  However, you do have the direct debit guarantee with the bank and may be in a position to claim the money back that way.  If the direct debit is collected this month, with the bank holiday, it will be collected on Tuesday 29th.

If you made the payment on the 22nd, the money is collected within two to three days and you may find the money leaving you account later this evening.  If the money is not collected, it will be returned to your full balance within 5 working days, should this not happen, it will be something to take up with your bank.

If you have the direct debit in place, you are not gaining anything by paying early, better to leave the payment to be collected using the direct debit.

So basically I've come on here for help and all you people have done is blame me for something that isn't my fault. Yeah great help that is. 

Ive done it for years and had no issues. And until you get paid like I do have the bills that I do and are in the position I'm in you have no right telling me what I should and shouldn't do. 

You saying "should of just left it for the DD" isn't solving anything but making you think you sound good because hindsight is amazing ain't it?

I have to pay when I get the email from Vodafone saying I can pay. 

I don't wait until the DD as I've clearly stated, because of how I get paid.

I know about how the payments work which is what I've had to figure out over the years. I know if I get paid a certain time to just let the DD pay it. It's not like im Stupid and don't know how it all works.

This is all missing the point.

im still £118.58 down and Vodafone have it pending in my account and still think I haven't paid when I clearly have.

wheres the comments about Vodafone sorting there payment systems out?

nah seems the customer must be in the wrong 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@louleda I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Our team will have a look into this with you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that "pay every 4 weeks" went out with 8-inch floppy disks,  typewriters and British Rail.   Until I started to draw my State Pension, that is......      I live in hope that, one day, some bean-counter will explain to me the advantages of paying employees thirteen times per year.  An ever-moving "payday" certainly doesn't benefit the recipient who is increasingly forced to use monthly direct debits to pay bills.