Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is it so difficult to swap numbers over

FrankieBeee
4: Newbie

I have 2 phones now - one has my preferred number on it and I want to put on to a phone that is pay monthly SIM from PAYG big bundle. I have been into vodafone stores twice to sort this and still the numbers have not been swapped over - last time I was in their shop she was very bored initially and suggested I do it by phoning their customer services (worse than useless) then when I said that was the 2nd time I'd been into town to see them and what did they want me to do cancel my DD and go somewhere else - she got more interested then. In this day and age it should be more simple than than the faff it is - you have to do it twice it now says but guaranteed it will confuse the hell out of it - not helped by fact I can never get on their website. grrrrrr - I now have no working phones that only take incoming calls and will only allow me to make emergency calls yet paying for them at the same time in my DD. Its just want I want to do - spend my precious holiday weekend  sorting this out - oh and teleophoning the number given didn't work anyway as all I get is garbage (really bad line). Tesco anyone :Winking_smiley:

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have Vodafone given you a timeframe to move your pay as you go number to take place of your pay monthly mobile number ?

Have they managed to explain if there is any issues with the transfer ?

Unfortunatley number transfers don't happen over a weekend which would I assume include Monday as it's a Bank Holiday. 

The Social Media Team here who read all posts maybe able to help if the swap over continues to.not happen. 

I assume you've tried soft rebooting your phone by turning it Off and On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was told it would happen by 5pm yesterday and to keep both my phones off all day so I haven't logged in till now - spoke to someone at vodafone eventually just now and he said try waiting another day and then ring again if it hasn't been sorted (he also said that sometimes in the stores some of staff can be quite lazy - not sure how appropriate that was though).

So it looks like I will have to go out walking later today without a viable phone and I will have to listen to the radio on my mp3 instead

The people in the Vodafone High street Stores are in place to sell contracts, phones and accessories and deal with repair hand in's and sim swaps. 

They are not ideally in place to deal effectively with account issues etc.

Customer Services are there for that. 

That said walk in.customers in need of guidance etc should always be met with professionalism !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FrankieBeee I'm sorry to see you're having issues with this. 

If you still need a hand, we'll be happy to help. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

thanks Alex will let you know if I do