Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no mobile data

linda0772
2: Seeker

My phone number swapped over today from another network and I can make and receive calls, however I have no Internet unless I use wi-fi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. Try setting up your phone for internet and picture messaging via the instructions in the below video (text WEB to 40127)

If it still doesn't work then there might be an issue with the SIM card itself (sometimes this needs provisioning). If this is the case a quick call to 191 and an advisor should be able to help you out.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

redpages

Hi. Try setting up your phone for internet and picture messaging via the instructions in the below video (text WEB to 40127)

If it still doesn't work then there might be an issue with the SIM card itself (sometimes this needs provisioning). If this is the case a quick call to 191 and an advisor should be able to help you out.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

linda0772
Been on to 191 for an hour now not spoke to a soul. Not loving Vodafone so far. Text 40127 twice today and no reply d

I'm having the same problem too, I was supposed to port over yesterday but it didn't complete until today and now I have no data connection.

hrym

Porting normally completes within 24 hours, but occasionally some of the information is slow coming over from your old network and this will delay the process.  If nothing's happened by the end of the week, talk to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page).   They should be able to get it chased up for you/

NathanJT
4: Newbie

I know this sounds like the age old cop out but have you tried restarting the phone?

Mine did exactly this after I required a new sim and I was about to start hunting down assistance, but just thought I'd try it.

Guess what, restarted the phone and through came the settings messages!

YMMV!

susan15

I ported my number to Vodafone (iPhone 6) over 4 weeks ago and i'm still waiting to get mobile data. I've tried everything including changing the SIM card. A ticket has been raised with the technical team but they have provided no updates and i have no idea of when (or if) it can be fixed. Has anyone had the same problem?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @susan15

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny