Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Cancellation Requested - But line still active 2 weeks later

greenfieldsvo
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have requested to cancel my broadband during my cooling off period.

The request was made on the 27th March

The router was returned and delivered to Vodafone on 29th March

I am trying to get another provider in, but the line is still active on BT Wholesale / Openreach.

Can anyone help check when will my line stop / ceased for a new provider to install?

Or is there a way I can check myself?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @greenfieldsvo, thanks for explaining. So that we can check the progress of your cancellation request, we'd need to have access to your account which we wouldn't be able to do over the forum. You can contact our Social Media team directly on Facebook or Twitter and they'll be be able to check this for you. 

Alternatively, you can raise a complaint on our website for this to be looked into. 

View solution in original position

28 REPLIES 28

No, I returned the router nearly a month ago. So it's shocking that it takes this long for Vodafone to cancel during the 14 days cooling off period.

@greenfieldsvo - I'm disappointed to hear this isn't resolved yet. I've searched our social channels and I can see you have got in touch with us there. Thanks for doing that.

I'm unable to discuss the conversation you've had with us there, for security reasons, although please see the last message we sent. 

I'm going to keep this topic updated, because I need all the help and advise to resolve this, and I'd rather be clear what is happening between me, customer services and any other team.

It's now the 28th of April, where I was "rest assured" that it will be done. 

The broadband service is now cancelled and I can no longer log into "My Vodafone", which is a positive step.

But the "order" is not "complete" and is "still under process", so there's no confirmation of line ceased or final bill. No e-mails to confirm the cancellation.

So I have another 24-48 hours wait.... again! where seriously who really knows?

They might as well have said, at the moment I cancelled, that I need to wait 820 hours!

I now have Gemma and Mev helping me, but I am still no closer to getting this line ceased and my final bill generated. It's now been 6 weeks since I cancelled, my last update is to wait another 3 days, seriously, what is going on??

7 weeks on and the line is still blocking new providers from placing orders.

It's a big shame that nobody in the organisation can resolve this for me. Something really needs to change so that this doesn't happen to anybody else!

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

With this news (below) it's hardly likely to get any better ☹️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65607601

Yeah I thought the same too 🙁

The issue has now been escalated to a complaint case worker now, so no one else in customer service seems to be able to help me or even answer questions such as what is the status of my line now. There's also no time frame as to when they will contact me either. 7 weeks of waiting and now more waiting!

This was a simple VDSL2 / FTTC order, cancelled within 5 days of activation. It's 2023, how can cancelling a broadband service be this difficult?

Update: the complaint raised was escalated, and Vodafone called to resolve by issuing a full refund and was able to clear the line with Openreach. I now have broadband with the new provider. A huge thank you to @Gemma for all her time, proactiveness and effective actions in helping me resolve this for me via Facebook messenger.

@greenfieldsvo - Thanks for updating the thread and your kind words. I'm glad to hear you're now connected with your new provider. 

I hope we get the chance to turn the whole experience around for you in the future.