Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre cable not run to house before engineer visit

GSC265
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently signed up to full fibre broadband with vodafone and had a appoitment this morning to set it up. However when the engineer came, he said that the fibre cable had not beem run from the junction box to the property yet so it could not be set up. The engineer attached the new external and internal boxes to the walls bit it was left at that. Contacted Vodafone who got in touch with openreach to be told that there were no engineer notes on the system so they couldnt tell me anymore and openreach direct me back to vodafone so very frustrated at the moment. Previous standard broadband provider set to cancel tonight so looking like no internet until its sorted. 

Is it likely that ill get 2 visits today? 1 visit from the engineer to set up the inside/outside boxes and 1 visit from engineer to run cable to property?

Im confused about the process now and where i stand now in terms of whats happening.

1 REPLY 1

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@GSC265  The people at O.R. do not talk to the consumer, so you have to go via the Vodafone helpdesk.