Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

Just woke up this morning and I’m finally logged in to my account!

However I now have the issue somebody else mentioned earlier in the thread whereby my ‘next bill’ is shown as DOUBLE the amount I am supposed to be paying. When I look at the itemised charges, it shows the monthly broadband amount and then it shows ‘total additional charges’ which is the same amount again. 🤔

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Heuntar wrote:

Just woke up this morning and I’m finally logged in to my account!

However I now have the issue somebody else mentioned earlier in the thread whereby my ‘next bill’ is shown as DOUBLE the amount I am supposed to be paying. When I look at the itemised charges, it shows the monthly broadband amount and then it shows ‘total additional charges’ which is the same amount again. 🤔

When you receive your first bill, you will be charged pro rata to bring you in line with your billing data and one extra months rental in advance.

As this will be the same for broadband and mobile customers see here: First Bill 

grahamlucas

I've also recently ordered Vodafone Broadband and received the same messages from Vodafone asking me to log into my account and the same login errors as others have reported here. Very poor communication from Vodafone so not a good initial customer experience.

Thanks to the OP though for saving me from the stress of having to explain the problem via online chat or typing a long forum post!

i've just ordered vodafone broadband but can't log into my account, i received an email asking to log in to add a direct debit

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know you're still receiving conflicting information about your online account access guys! We've sent the details to our back office team to continue to chase up, we appreciate your patience with us while we look into this.

Just experienced the same issue, looks like they have no interest in improving their customer service. Would be such an easy change and have massive benefits - reducing call rates and damaging customer feedback such as this thread.

you have to wait until your service goes live, then you can access your account

I totally agree. A simle change to the email to warn that you cannot access the account until it is live would free up their phone lines at the least. It would also make their new customers wonder less at what the heck kind of company they are joining.

It is still happening.

Glad I found this thread and know I am not alone.

I received the email thanking me for registering and with my user id and password advising me to logon and change my password.

Of course when I try to logon, it sends me the verification text, and then comes up with an "Internal Server Error".

Is it rocket science to change the wording of the email at the very least to say it won't be active until my broadband is activated?

I have also received the message about my direct debit being setup and to logon to check that the details are correct - when of course it is impossible to logon.

It is hardly a great new customer experience!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback about this @rogfrog - you're right a change to the wording would improve the experience and I'll pass this on 👍