Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

Just to follow up:

Service went live today and I can now logon to my account, so at least that bit worked.

Vodafone really need to update the emails they send out prior to activation to reflect the true situation (or else allow logon to the account before the go-live date)

The whole onboarding experience is very poor and confusing as a result of those emails. It  needn't be!

Thanks for the update @rogfrog, we're happy that you can now sign in. We've previously passed on the feedback about e-mails and our teams are looking into this 🙂

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Can I ask how many years now it has been that vodafone forum staff have been reporting this problem. The vodafone community has been telling vodafone since as far back as I can remember.  Can the admin please let the community know when this issue is going to be fixed 

glad I just found this thread, I signed up to new broadband last night and must have tried about 15 times to log in with no joy, unreal, sent an email telling me to log in to activate the account but apparently from the previous posts you cant log in until the internet is installed and activated? not a great start to my time with vodafone

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the confusion @FUrake, you do need your service to be connected before you can log into your online account. I'm sure the rest of your time with us will be hassle free, but if you do have any issues, you can reach out to us here or via our social channels. We're there 24/7 and always happy to help 😊

same here, just signed up and been trying for 3 days to get into my account.  not happy, been with BT 20 years and hope I'm not frying pan to the fire?  my mental health's bad enough without voda messaging my phone telling me a direct debit's all set up and I can't log in.  In 2 minds whether to cancel and just stick with BT as I can do without the grief.  Come to think of it, I forgot the hassle the last time I had a mobile contract with voda, persistant almost rude telephone calls demanding to know why I was leaving as voda was the best network in the UK.

gipjon

Sorry to say vodafone still has not changed or is willing to . 

"Pan to the fire " does not even cut it . 

This issue please check your sign up detail are correct by logging into your account which you can't access untill the day after your broadband is working has been going on for years and vodafone are fully aware of it and are not willing to do anything about it .

Years ago this would have been called entrapment. Wait untill your in a contact befor you can check if you are paying £8 more than agreed or your broadband speed is half.

Then you get a vodafone agent on here what will then say . I'm very sorry your having this issue we will inform the correct department you can't log in, Even though they already know and this has been going on for years .

Frying pan to a volcano sounds more like it 

LINNEX
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Me too .... Get the same messages.

Cant login and rang to sort it and still no joy.. All the codes they give me are useless. Come on Voda sort this out.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @LINNEX, thanks for getting in touch - is your broadband line active? Do you have any mobile lines with us, or is it just broadband? Let us know, we'd love to help get you up and running. 

Yes its been active for a couple of days