Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting Vodafone Full Fibre 900 to Asus Rog Rapture AX16000. Router

hermides73
3: Seeker

Hi

I have new router, Asus Rog Rapture AX16000 and I need to connect to my broadband 

When I set up the router, it asks for the ISP username and password. 

Asus sent me the following link below but again they say the ISP need to provide us the username and password.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044663/

Please can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Asus have given you the correct information. All you need now is your PPPoE login details from vodafone via this link (avoids the dumb ai questions)

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

Your username needs to be entered in the format dslXXXXXXXXX@broadband.vodafone.co.uk

If you're on an openreach connection there's no vlanid to enter, for cityfibre it's 911 - this may be automatically done for you, otherwise it's in LAN>IPTV.

AX16000 - great choice for 900Mb.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

hermides73

I just factory reset, and added the PPPoE login, then still no connection.

Then I added 911 under IPTV. Still no connection 😕 

Ripshod

Don't add the 911!

Did you try with the vodafone router? Your service may not even be active yet.

Is your Openreach connection provided by Kingston Communications? 

I did. The Vodafone router is working. After I checked the Vodafone router, I factory reset ASUS and set it up with a PPPoE login. After all configuration, there is no connection. Then I tried to add 911. And it didn't work as well. 

I'm based in Loughton, Essex. Not sure where the connection is provided 

hermides73

1000040477.jpg

Ripshod

I don't know what you're showing me, pictures take ages to be moderated around here. 

hermides73

It's just screen shoot of the configurations. But all were added where it should be

Ripshod

Did you connect the vodafone router? That's essential right now!

It's necessary, to activate the service. Leave it connected until the service is fully activated.

hermides73

I did and did the set-up via the Web. Then I left for a little while. And all lights in the router were precisely as the manual told them to be.

Not sure if it needs to be for a longer time, but it was working fine 

Ripshod

Then you need to double check your login details. It's common to get O and 0 mixed up, or I, l and 1 (they chose a really daft font for chat). Contact vodafone via the chat link at the bottom of this post and get them to give you your details again. Get them to copy/paste them then you in turn copy/paste them to a text file.

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

Oh man, I'm getting very frustrated. I checked with their capital, lowercase and numbers, which I've previously gwrong. But not working still. 

This time they provided me with the Vlan ID 101. 

As it didn't work with the login, I tried to add the VID as 101 together with the username and password. - Still not working 

I will try now to remove the username and password and leave just the VID to see what happens