Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full Fiber upgrade issues

AidG
3: Seeker

Had fiber connected by Openreach yesterday.  All went well and it was a simple process which seemed to work perfectly.  Broadband connected on the new Fiber in a couple of minutes and all good.

This morning I woke up to no broadband and a solid RED PON light on the ONT box.  Anyone know what this RED PON Light is indicating?  Working from home this is my worst nightmare.

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I didn't think the Openreach ONT had red lights. I thought they were all green and were either on/off or flashing.

What do the lights on the Openreach modem mean? | BT Help

AidG

See below photo,  I have seen the document you linked to but it makes no mention of this unit or a RED PON light

20240105_191114.jpg

Ripshod

Only the LOS led has a red option. If it is the LOS led is red it indicates a good connection but no service. Power cycling is the first option here, followed by a factory reset on the router if that fails.

As you'll see from the photo there is no LOS led only a red PON led.  I have Power cycled the ONT and the router and completed a factory reset on the router but no change.  Actually I've done this three or four time today while talking to Vodafone but no change.   Also it seemed Vodafone could not connect to the router, suggesting a complete loss of connection.

Jayach

@AidG wrote:

As you'll see from the photo there is no LOS led only a red PON led.  

Unfortunately it may take quite a while before your picture is moderated, and we can see it. Posting to a picture hosting site is really the only way around it,

Thanks Jayach.  Not obvious that the picture can only be seen by me .

Hopefully this link works https://photos.app.goo.gl/krSpLAiWVbo53UGP8

Jayach

Thanks @AidG we can see it now.

Looks like they have combined the LOS and PON lights into one on that model. Either way only Openreach (via Vodafone) can really cure it,

Hope they don't take too long.

NayB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the exact same issue. Mine was installed yesterday and hasn't been working since this morning. Working from home as well! How long did it take to resolve your issue?

Hi @NayB Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues getting up and running. We're here to help! We have a dedicated broadband team will be able to assist further with this. You can contact them via phone on 0333 304 0191 📞 Or via webchat.