cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No activation still, did I make a huge mistake switching to Vodafone?

Rsl24yan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Almost 8pm and still no activation which is due by midnight today. Have spoken to both chat and telephone agents who assured me it will definitely be activated today. Lost a day at work and need to make up deadline tomorrow. However my confidence is running low as been told contradicting things and day almost gone. Vodafone not the most transparent company although I do hope they prove me wrong ...

11 REPLIES 11

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

I can't suggest anything as it hasn't hit the deadline but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If it's not active in the morning try resetting the router before trying anything else. The provisioning itself can take a while and includes a firmware update if one's available so the router may reboot itself a couple of times before the internet becomes available. 

Thanks so much will give it a go if comes to this. Maybe just me overthinking after reading all these negative activation reviews but the chat agent did try palm me off with the line being a "little" faulty and it wont be done till tomorrow midnight but then backtracked when insisted it needs to be done today but have a feeling they just wanted to tell me what I wanted to hear :Smiling:

Jayach

@Rsl24yan wrote:

but have a feeling they just wanted to tell me what I wanted to hear :Smiling:

That is exactly what they do.

Jayach

Is this a new install, or are you moving from another ISP?

Edit: is it FTTC to FTTC, or are you changing to FTTP?

Moving from sky broadband superfast to fibre 2

Believe its FTTC to FFTC

Jayach

Yes, that should be.

The Sky shouldn't be disconnected until the Vodafone is ready, assuming you left Vodafone to control the switch.

Yes left them for the switch. The Vodafone tel agent in the morning told me that Sky already disconnected and they are still in progress and would be ready in usually 1hr or 2hrs but no activation of yet

Jayach

Sky should have been available until Openreach disconnected their connection, and shortly after Vodafone should have been working as soon as their connection was made. If it didn't work that way, Vodafone have not managed it correctly.

Thats my fear why its taken so long and them not being transparent about it