Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet

Sayed333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a nightmare week with Vodafone!

It's been a week now since my full fibre installation and still no internet. 

I rang up on the day and advised promised me I would be on my midnight

I've had like 20 webchats and 15 calls and no-one seems to know what is happening and they won't send an engineer out. Everyone keeps telling to press reset button; I must have done this 1000 times. I have all green lights on except for Alarm . Router still keeps flashing red on the internet. I've purchased and tried a different ethernet cable. No-one can give an answer.

28 REPLIES 28

Hi Janey. I actually feel my health is starting to suffer. Talking endlessly on the phone to their connection department  and technical department.  It's been escalated twice. Still no Internet connection day 13 since fibre was connected.  Their promises of " you'll be up and running by midnight etc etc". Absolutely shocking customer care. These people although polite haven't a clue what they're doing. Iv had a new router it's been configured twice, it's been turned off and on umpteen times. All to no avail. Happy to take your money though. I was sold this contract on the 10th of may it's nearly 3 months now. Several issues with Openreach to begin with but now rectified.  Activation days have came and went. What am I supposed to do.

I'm really sorry to we've left you feeling this way @RUBYEMURRAY I assure it's now what we want. It's definitely taking longer that it should. Please do drop our team a message on the channels mentioned earlier so we can get this escalated for you.

Hi Janey. Iv done all this. Waiting on calls, online chats. Iv just emailed a complaint to Vodafones complaints department.  Will have to cancel. I'm not stressing anymore with this. It's fraudulent and against the law to sell something that never works.  I'm not a new customer,  iv been with Vodafone for years. There was nothing wrong with my old broadband.  So this super fast fibre is supposed to be better. Lies!!!

Hi Ruby,

Have you had any joy? They sent me a new router today. Set all that up. Still nothing. So now I'm back to doing hard resets on that. 

Now on day 9. I figure it they haven't resolved by now they never will. Did you cancel?

Hi Caroline. No today iv had 3 phone chats. One with customer care as iv logged a complaint with them. I done the reset twice again.  They're always configuring something their end. Lady phoned back have you got Internet? No 👎.  So she's phoning tomorrow.  Actually asked her what she would do in my position without Internet.  She said she wouldn't be happy.  Customer care chap said I have to 25/8 to leave without any fee. So I feel I have to see it through now. Its become a challenge. I honestly don't think they'll ever connect.  They must be saying to one another here's this mad Scottish woman again.  It's certainly stressful to say the least. We live in hope Caroline.

Hi Ruby,

I've told them to cancel my contract. Can't face another day of it. We go on holiday tomorrow so didn't want to leave it until we got back just in case they try throwing a termination fee in, despite never having a service since the upgrade.

It's worn me down this week, the repetition of going over the same thing with no end in sight.

I won't use Vodafone again. Learnt a hard lesson.

Good luck 🤞Hope it finally gets working for you soon.

Caroline in all my years working with the nhs I don't think iv had this level of stress. Knowing I have no control over this has got me down many a time. Enjoy your holiday Caroline.  It's been nice chatting. Take care

Hi Janey,

Done that twice now and just get diverted back to the broadband support team to go back around in the same circle again. Can't tell me what the issue is and can't give me the resolution. I've spent hours with your technical support, raised a complaint. No one updates me, I have to constantly chase and there's no solution. Perhaps you can suggest someone higher up the chain to raise the issue with. Absolutely awful customer service. Vodafone have a responsibility to ensure I have a working broadband service. Happy to send out the bill despite not even being connected to the internet yet!

I'm sorry to hear you've had an issue that's led you to complain @RUBYEMURRAY. Our complaints team will reach out shortly, and will work with you to find a suitable resolution.