Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4 white.LEDs on router

plato25
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

just signed up and activated my new BB connection. From the start ithe router has always shown 4 white (More like light grey) LEDs.  

I am connected and wifi is also OK.  Why no red, green etc LEDs. Should the router be like this?

Hope someone can put me right.  BTW I have had VF BB in the past without problems. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@plato25  Why white/grey? The simple answer is "becasue that is what it is".

From the fold-out leaflet packaged with your router, it says ....

1. Power: White stable = on

2. Internet: White flashing = connection in progress, white stable = ok, red flashing fast = registration failed

3. Phone: White stable = ok, white flashing = slow call in progress, red stable = voice not registered

4. Mobile: White stable = ok

5. Wi-Fi: White stable = ok, white flashing = pairing in progress, red flashing = pairing failed

There you are. I have copied it from the information that comes in the box with the THG3000 router. We haven't ever seen a manual for this modem with the custom Vodafone firmware. You may be able to find the manual for other versions of this hardware, but it will be no help because of the different firmware installed.

Jayach

@plato25 wrote:

just signed up and activated my new BB connection. From the start ithe router has always shown 4 white (More like light grey) LEDs.  

I am connected and wifi is also OK.  Why no red, green etc LEDs. Should the router be like this?

Hope someone can put me right.  BTW I have had VF BB in the past without problems. 

They are grey because instead of seeing the LEDs you see their reflection on a dark grey footplate. Terrible design. If you do see any red, there is something not right.

And before anyone suggests, "but some people don't like bright flashing LEDs if for instance it's in a bedroom," you can turn them off. 

Jayach_0-1683123575507.png