Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Dead After Powercut

NGM1
4: Newbie

My Full Fibre 100 connection died on Tuesday night following a very brief power cut. The only light on the router is the power light, there are only 2 lights on the ONT lit. 

Frustrated at how slow VF are in sorting this out and sure it is a router issue i went and bought a new router today, a TP-Link AC2100 (Archer VR600)

On connecting it all the lights light up on the router and the port light on the ONT lights up. The Wi-Fi network is also discoverable.  However I cannot get the internet to connect.  Does this indicate an actual fault or is it likely the VF router is borked and I am not going the set up for the new router correctly?

It is now in the hands of the 3rd level team but if anyone can offer any help in the meantime I’d appreciate it.

21 REPLIES 21

Just an update to this thread.

After getting nowhere setting up 3 separate 3rd party devices with Vodafone with no joy, I decided to leave them. I wasn’t inspired by the way I was treated so went live with Plusnet today.

Went through the set up with the eero and quelle surprise, it connected first time. So it was obviously an issue with the credentials I received from VF. I only asked 6 times so it was unlikely I’d get the correct info.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Thanks for updating us, very few people seem to do that. Glad you are sorted, even though you had to leave Vodafone to do it.