Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband keeps disconnecting several times an hour

GJA
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my high speed braodband stopped working last week, after days of messing about on the phone with the call centre repeatedly asking me to perform clearly pointless tasks with cables and boxes etc. an Openreach engineer finally attended and diagnosed several problems causing intermitten loops. We now have a new Mk4 socket, new phone filter, cables, new main inlet cable connections in to the house and a full internal wiring check. This seemed to cure the problem for a couple of days, but now we are losing internet several times an hour and getting the "no connection restart your router" message, This reconnects the broadband, or if you leave it for a minute it reconnects itself. 

I would like to eliminate the router (in every sense!) how do I get a new router without spending days on the phone being asked to perform pointless tests again ..... I work and am busy plus my sanity cannot take it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gipjon
16: Advanced member

It’s important to know what your rights are when it comes to your broadband service - especially if you’re unhappy with vodafone .  Ombudsman Service and Ofcom has very clear rules.

first of all you don't pay for a router to use vodafone broadband it is up to vodafone to make sure your equipment that is provided to you should be fit for purpose. If equipment supplied is faulty and vodafone does not remedy the issue promptly then you have good grounds for complaint. vodafone should cover all costs even if it means paying for a third party router because the vodafone router wont work on your line which vodafone has already acknowledged that the issues is current , 

You are entitled to compensation and you need to take this up with the complaints department to work out how much you are entitled to at 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice

if you are still having issues and are paying for sevices you are simple not getting then you can request to leave for free 

ofcom.jpgcompansaion.jpg

View solution in original position

44 REPLIES 44

Having tried everything suggested and left VF, the internet disconnections have stopped and speed has improved slightly as well. I was with TalkTalk before and didn't have the problem, I'm now with Sky and don't have the problem so the internet/router disconnections were clearly a VF issue, probably with the router.

Thank you GIA for your detailed account of the problem you had last year. I am just at the start of the same journey and your experience fills me with dread. I do not have the time or patience you clearly havd given to the problem and has persuaded me that perhaps even after 18 months of uninterrupted service, I should consider another provider. I guess it is serendipitous that my contract has just ended and there"s no exit charge now.! Thanks for posting!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @UKLASS - we'd hate to see you go. One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Dear All on this thread - my husband changed my provider after many many years of no issue to VF - oh how I wish he hadn't.  My lights stay on but I can see on my PC it dropping out all the time - it switches constantly from cable to wfi with no 'internet' stopping any connection I had.  my router only is 2M away from my pc.  My TV's no longer see the router, my devices don't even though my mobile is with VF - I have to wait all the time for my phone to find it.  I despair; I need the internet to work.  I have dread at seeing all of the above.  Why should I pay for another router but it looks like I will have too and probably step out of the contract.  My previous provider was not cheap and I am afraid with VF you get what you pay for.  No service and no help

I too am having simular issues both on Wired connection and Wireless.

I've contact support who told me to change Content Control settings (!!!!!), which of course wouldnt do anything, was told that level 2 CANNOT contact me under any circumstance (!!!!) and then posted on this forum only for my post to be marked as SPAM?!

Needless to say, I'm off to BT.  I recommend you do the same.  Not only are Vodafone throttling certain services (Twitch for example - See the giant post on the other forum) and denying it, their customer service skills are terrible.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience when contacting us @Fishrage, this isn't what we want for any of our customers. So we can take a closer look into your issue and feedback your previous poor experience to help ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else, pop our Social Media team a private message and we'll be happy to help 😊

Let's take a look into what's happening with your router and get you a more stable connection @DCM3. So we can take a closer look into this, pop us a private message through one of our social channels and one of our dedicated team will be in touch.

@Mark I've already started the process with BT, plus I'm not on social media.  The way I've been treated by Vodafone over the last few years has led to this.

As soon as my contract ends i will be moving too. Like you, VF will not admit their routers are useless and i can't wait to move...is your sky still working well?

gipjon

to be fair the vodafone vox3 router does hold very well at low margins the old router was a piece of junk , 

Sneill90
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m new to Vodafone broadband but my router disconnects multiple times a day for hours on end tried testing everything I was told to but I’m still having the same issues I’m still within my 30 day period is this issue fixable or would I be safer looking for a new internet provider?