Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband keeps dropping

samwardill11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My broadband keeps dropping and , whilst I was away on holiday it dropped and did not come back at all. I had to hard reset the router on my return. What can I do?

10 REPLIES 10

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Report the fault to Vodafone?

Call  08080 034 515 or live chat https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

I did try this but nobody available on live chat. What are their opening hours?

Janey

Hi @samwardill11 Thanks for your message! Our opening hours are Mon - Fri: 8am - 10pm and Sat & Sun: 8am - 8pm.

If you haven't spoken to anyone yet about your broadband issue yet, I'd recommend starting by running a Broadband Service Test from your My Vodafone account. We'll give you the next best steps to get you back up and running, and if a fault is found it'll be raised to our Tech Teams. If you'd prefer to speak someone, you can give the team a shout on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other phone (standard charges apply) or contact them Live Chat.

they agreed to send me a new router (after lots of persuasion). The dpd guy came today with the new router but he demanded the old one before he would hand over the new one. I said no way. What a crazy process!

Jayach

@samwardill11 wrote:
The dpd guy came today with the new router but he demanded the old one before he would hand over the new one. I said no way. What a crazy process!

Unfortunately that does seem to be the way replacements work now, no idea why.

Why didn't you accept the swap? (especially as it seems you had to work hard to get agreement for it)

Now you have no idea if your problem is due to the router. (personally I really doubt it is)

This is a crazy process. I was in the middle of a work call and I ducked out to answer the call to the DPD guy. My wife was also in the middle of a work call. I would not have been happy giving the guy the old router until the new one was up and running.

The router failed completely whilst we were on holiday and I needed to hard reset it when we returned. That is why I wanted to try a new router. The help guy wanted to send me a new wifi extender. We don't use a wi-fi extender becuase I have found them to be useless. The help guy kept saying that everything was fine since I hard reset the router but he could not tell me why it failed when we had been away.

Jayach

@samwardill11 wrote:
The help guy kept saying that everything was fine since I hard reset the router but he could not tell me why it failed when we had been away.

I tend to agree with the Vodafone agent. (didn't think I would ever say that)

It could have been something such a power "blip". Hope it continues behaving now.

I'm still having regular issues with my Vodafone broadband and Vodafone support are no use at fixing them. The agent now just suggests to hard reset the router. I did this before and it made no difference. If I look at the logs on the router I see masses of errors. I can only see errors for the current day. The last major outage was last night but I can only see logs for today. Any ideas? 

Cynric

@samwardill11  Would you post a recent batch of errors from your log please? Remember to edit out your public facing IP address from the logs first.