Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Catastrophic Broadband Failure

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

Why is there nothing on this forum, or indeed the main website, about the absolutely catastrophic failure of VF's fibre broadband which has caused basically the whole of Essex Suffolk and Norfolk to have been without service since Monday morning? 

Everytime someone complains on twitter they treat it as a separate, individual issue and send the same form asking for info, when they know damn well what the issue is.

Some people have been told in DMs it could be upto 5 days to be fixed but there has been no public acknowledgement of the issue let alone any updates.

Imagine if a bank behaved like this, there would be uproar. 

I am out of contract so am in the process of moving my BB to Sky but is really is awful service from VF.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to contact the editors or your local papers along with http://www.ispreview.co.uk and http://www.thinkbroadband.com.  Those site will probably get you more publicity than either social media or this site!

Jannie57
2: Seeker

The word "Catastrophic" in the thread title is very appropriate. It is clear VF have a major issue.

I am in the Solent area SO postcode, and we are now in to our seventh day of no service. You ring the call centre and get an "area fault / working on it, so please hang up" message. The support people are doing the best they can. I have spoken to agents, used Twitter, and online chat, and today one finally confirmed that there are a number of outages in the UK.

I have repeatedly been told (since Day 2) that there will be a fix in 24 to 48 hours.

If you want to "tell someone" try Kieran McCarthy at The Register  his contact details are in the Contact Us page linked at the bottom of their pages.

I am weighing up my options, none of them are remaining a Vodafone customer.

SamBora

It is certainly a catastrophe. Now into our 8th day of no Vodafone BB.

We have the "Connect" type router. It is taking so long I wonder if they have bricked the routers with a bad firmware upgrade?

SimonWilding

Mine came back on late Tuesday night (so "only" 36 hours) but took another 12 hours or so for speed to be back to normal.

The thing is I only noticed cos I was rebooting my router at random intervals. If I hadn't been doing that I might still be offline now as there was no contact from VF.

And that is major issue, things do go wrong but customers need to be informed and updated regularly and there was none of that at all from VF. That is unacceptable.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac