cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Service for 5 days and counting, how to get help!

Jannie57
2: Seeker

We have had the Home Phone and Broadband service for around 4 years. It has been stable for most of that, but now it has gone wrong.

* Thursday 20th August around 13:00 we found that we had no Internet access. I reset the router and noted the red light flashing. The landline appeared ok.
* Thursday 20th August around 13:45 I rang the call centre and heard the announcement that there was an area problem, and it was being worked on SO32 postcode
* Subsequently I have telephoned and spoken on chat with agents who have advised the same - an area problem, and it was being worked on.
* On Monday 24th August I messaged on Twitter, and was advised that we have a fault on the line, in addition to an area problem, that was being worked on. I was advised that Openreach would be contacted to resolve the line fault.
* On Tuesday 25th August at 14:00, 5 Days after I first contacted the Call Centre, I rang again and got the same "area problem, that was being worked" on message.
* On Tuesday 25th August I also asked via Twitter for clarity on how I would know that the landline fault had been resolved. Would it be Openreach or Vodafone contacting me, thus far no response.

So how do I get the confidence that someone has paid attention, and that something is going to happen?

2 REPLIES 2

Jannie57

Day 8 now, just been told that it will be another 72 hours .....

"Keeping the UK connected is our main priority." apparentlly not!

Service was reinstated this afternoon. Over 9 days outage.