Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing Internet light

Gramps101
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am pretty sure my router has failed as yesterday got the dreaded flashing Internet light. Rang Vodafone and tried plugging into master socket etc. but still no joy.

I tried to connect to router via lan cable to see if I could do anything but this wouldn't work either. 

Do you reckon it's the router that has failed or is there anything else I could try? 

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be rash to jump to the conclusion that the router has failed before having tech support check the line - if that's possible!

Thanks for the response. Tech support checked line and all OK. I even managed to communicate with router and that hasn't helped. No broadband for two days now and kids going mental lol 😁

Have you still got the red flashing light on your router @Gramps101 ? This sounds like something that we'll need to take a look at. If you send our Social Media team a message over Twitter or Facebook, they can help. You can find out how to contact the team here 😊

Thanks for the response, a BT engineer is visiting tomorrow. I still have a flashing green Internet lamp. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant @Gramps101, lets us know how you get on!

OK engineer visited yesterday and all checked out OK. It was a Vodafone issue and after an hour on the phone yesterday it seems to have been finally fixed this morning! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic @Gramps101! I'm so glad to hear this is now sorted for you 😊