Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full FTTP available to next door neighbours joined to my exact same property

Dammys1
4: Newbie

I am a disabled customer wanting to join your 900mb service i cannot phine due to my disabilities both my neighbours directly next door to me are showing as able to buy 900mb vodafone yet I'm only able to buy 65mb the exact same line connection! Can you please resolve this as I can get ee bt talktalk sky all 900mb

Houses 5 doors down full fttp but houses actually connected to me and directly next door on the exact same phone pole can get full 900mb vodafone they show as vodafone full fibre yet my address shows as vodafone fibre available at maximum 64mb up to 80mb why is my line not active or showing in the vodafone network when openreach and often have all told me my house is 100% fttp vodafone compatible comparison sites all show vodafone fttp 900mb but when I click through it maxes out at 64mb this seems an error on your system that needs fixing 

11 REPLIES 11

Dammys1
4: Newbie

I have literally checked every single house on my street on my half and every single 1 of then except mine is showing as full fttp 900mb vodafone can somebody please sort this put and lift the ban or lock that for whatever reason is on my vodafone file or contact openreach and ofcom like they have asked and sort this out as I want vodafone 900mb, literally 27 other houses checked and I am the only 1 not connected to this so called cabinet!!!

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

Do you already have an active broadband connection at your address?

Yes not Vodafone bt openreach and is full fttp with grey box on wall black box on pole and internal openreach fibre white box? I was with vodafone and I think something glitched on the system as a past customer though was always fully paid never missed a bill

Now all services have been blocked to my address its as though they don't want my service connection or they're not happy that I reported an issue, openreach have clearly stated it is a vodafone issue amd that vodafone need to contact openreach to fi d out why my house is the only 1 out of 30 that is not connected to a 900mb service,  yet now they have blocked ALL SERVICE not even 76mb is now showing available I have been blocked on the network it seems for making a genuine complaint when of course it was unfair and unreasonable that I should be the only house not served by vodafone in a major estate on a major city, I am clinically extremely vulnerable disabled autism dyspraxia amd they don't seem to be interested 

Jayach

Whilst I understand your disappointment at not being able to sign up to Vodafone., why not just go with an ISP who is more accommodating?

Doesn't seem fair that I should have to also doesn't seem to be in line with ofcoms code of practice limiting availability of services to a select address when we have done nothing wrong its limiting an already restricted market especially when we can't even get cityfibre in a major city on a large estate really is so wrong that other areas get upgraded 1st just like some get 5g others can't I'm also around the corner from people who get 5g from three

But absolutely no reason at all that vodafobe has now seemingly blocked access to even the 76mb network which has always bee. Availability before it just seems like they've locked my address from their systems and ofcom say they're not meant to do this without very good reason of which there's none

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dammys1 - thanks for reaching out to us. I’m sorry you’re seeing different options available and now nothing at all. It might be that there’s no room left in the cabinet for us to provide.

We’d like to take some details from you securely and then we can contact our Activations team to get some clarification on this.

Please contact my team through Social Media.

I have done all of this it is coming to nothing, why have I literally been the only 1 left out from the cabinet though? Not fair at all why should I be the only 1 not connected? Take it away from the 90 year old on my street of which there's several that's never going to buy broadband but why take my service away?

This is exactly what openreach has told me exactly how they have written it:

Hello D...

Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.  

Our team can advise you about what fibre is available in your area and if you’re part of any fibre rollout plans.

I’ve looked into your enquiry and can confirm your address is correctly registered on our system and our systems are already showing that Fibre to the premises (FTTP) service is already working at your property.

Further, if you are looking for another connection, not all providers use our network, for their own reasons, so you might need to shop around. If you are facing any issues regarding Vodafone, or if Vodafone has any issues placing an order please ask them to contact us directly. I’m sorry but we’re not able to help you with your problem as you would need to contact Vodafone regarding any speed related issues.

Contacting them is the fastest way to fix a whole range of problems, including faults, new sockets, order enquiries and technical issues. If they think the issue is with our network, they’ll contact us and arrange for us to fix it.

Openreach doesn’t provide phone, broadband or TV services directly to anyone. You can find a list of providers here

FTTP https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-broadband/ultrafast-fibre-buy-...

We are keeping this case open for two working days if you have any further query kindly reply all to this email.

Kind regards,

S...