cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING VODAFONE BROADBAND CUSTOMER DON'T UPGRADE TO VODAFONE FIBRE !!!

IANKENNY63
2: Seeker

I've had standard Vodafone broadband for a few years and decided to upgrade to their Fibre. Aside from the usual bad communications between them and Open Reach (waited in all day for them to arrive on the install date only to find out that the date Vodafone had given me was wrong and that it's Open Reach which decides when they are installing) all went well with the service for about 1 week - then it stopped working so after calling Vodafone I've been told that in the process of cancelling my old broadband contract, they also cancelled the new one - and guess what .... it's going to take 20+ days to fix and restart my broadband - SHAMBOLIC has anyone else had a similar experience?

8 REPLIES 8

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

My installation went OK, and my FTTP connection is fine almost one month on.

It appears to me that the majority of issues posted on this community are from customers that have changed from one plan to another, or have upgraded from one connection type to another (e.g. FTTC > FTTP).

spinoir
4: Newbie

Yeah exactly the same thing happened to me when I first had it installed.

Its great when its up and running but the customer service doesn't get better. Spoken to around 14 different customer support reps over the last 2 and a half weeks. About to go into my third week with no internet because the communication between Vodafone and cityfibre is absolute trash! 

jasonselby

Did you ever get this resolved?

Ripshod

@jasonselby if you've upgraded from FTTC to FTTP then you need to contact vodafone for reprovisioning.

What happens is when you first connect to the new service your old fttc details are still used to activate your service. After a short while (I'd expect a week) your account gets updated to your new details but sometimes this won't make it to your router. If resetting the router via the recessed "Reset" button on the back of the router doesn't get you back online then you need to speak to Vodafone.

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

kill-90

i am also facing this issue

Vo-da-Trash

I also upgraded from dsl to fibre last week.  I have had no internet connection whatsoever for 3 days now.  Tuesday 16th April, MTS (Openreach's subcontractor in the South East) arrived but were unable to run the cable from the box in the street to the house because the underground cable duct was blocked, so nothing was done and they left.  Friday 19th, Openreach turn up with better equipment and after two and a half hours managed to get the cable through.  They connected one end of the cable to the box in the street and tacked the other end to the wall of the house, stating that MTS would now need to return to drill through the wall and fit the ONT.  Come Friday evening, my existing DSL connection, which had been working, was disconnected in favour of the fibre connection that still isn't physically connected to the inside of the house.  I wasted an hour and a half 'chatting' with Vodafone customer services, who were less than useless, trying to explain to some person who was unable to understand, that the installation hadn't been completed.  According to Vodafone, Openreach, who it's impossible to contact, have activated the service and Vodafone have completed the order.  Vodafone make it almost impossible to talk to anyone in person and trying to explain even the most basic details to their CS staff via their chat bot is utterly exasperating.  I suspect what I'm going to have to do is go to an actual Vodafone store, speak to a human being, cancel my internet service entirely and start again because they seem completely unable to be able to contend with a situation where Openreach have incorrectly told Vodafone that the installation is complete.  Meanwhile, I usually work from home and have no internet service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I lost connection for one day and was not informed that this would happen. Couldn't connect to work. Not a good experience. Better to switch provider next time. 

Cynric

@Anonymous  No service is going to be 100% up. If you want a five-star service (that's 99.999% up) then be prepared to pay a lot more than you currently are.