Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone wifi has stopped letting my phone open apps

Jack20991
3: Seeker

I recently renewed my WiFi package with Vodafone for the exact same deal, didn't have to do anything but reset the router on the day. However since doing this my Samsung phone has started having problems loading up some apps and stuff in apps. For example the Premier league app has stopped working. Twitter and reddit videos don't load but those apps and pictures load just fine. Random stuff like trying to send gifs on WhatsApp doesn't work.

When I turn off the WiFi these apps open up as normal on my mobile network that is also through Vodafone so I'm confused. I can also connect totally fine to them through my work WiFi so ot is just my home broadband and it has only started since the new package. My wife's phone and all other devices in the house don't seem to be effected. 

Any advise on this would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janey, after more troubleshooting today, I have managed to fix this issue. It had something to do with the IPv6 being checked on my router settings. After unchecking this, all my apps work completely fine and as they should. 

Thank you all the same!

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Jack20991

I recently renewed my WiFi package with Vodafone for the exact same deal, didn't have to do anything but reset the router on the day. However since doing this my Samsung phone has started having problems loading up some apps and stuff in apps. For example the Premier league app has stopped working. Twitter and reddit videos don't load but those apps and pictures load just fine. Random stuff like trying to send gifs on WhatsApp doesn't work.

When I turn off the WiFi these apps open up as normal on my mobile network that is also through Vodafone so I'm confused. I can also connect totally fine to them through my work WiFi so ot is just my home broadband and it has only started since the new package. My wife's phone and all other devices in the house don't seem to be effected. 

Any advise on this would be appreciated.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

On the affected device, have you tried "forgetting" the WiFi network then reconnecting?

What phone is it? 

Yeah, I tried that. Restarted the phone after forgetting the network and tried reconnecting to the WiFi but still the same issue.

It is a Samsung zflip3.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Just tried the advise on there and that hasn't worked either...

Thanks for sharing this with us @Jack20991. Can you try resetting your network settings via Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings to see if this helps?

Please also ensure all your apps are updated to the latest version, and your device software is also updated. If issues persist, feel free to reach out to us via Social Media here and we can get this looked into further with you. 

Hi Lucy,

I tried that as well but it didn't work either. After I had done this and was putting my Samsung watch back onto the Bluetooth it wouldn't work until I turned off Wifi and used my data to connect it as well. 

All apps and device are updated as well. I will have to contact Vodafone when I am back home tonight.

Ripshod

Are you using any ad blocking DNS servers? It's common for ad subsidised apps to fail if the ads are blocked. 

No, haven't changed any DNS servers at all. Will still be on whatever the ISP default is.