Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ping/Latency way higher Gigafast 900

htyaH
13: Advanced Member

I used to get 5ms ping to London (from Coventry), now I am being auto connected to Edinburugh and I get 15 ping to there, when I try to speedtest to London or even right next to me in Leicester I am getting pings above 22...I called in and they just said "they added new servers and there's nothing much we can do"...

any help?

768 REPLIES 768

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There's not just the high Latency, there's also a distinct loss of speed. My Latency went up on 21st June and my speed came down at the same time - safe to assume a connection there.

I'm on Superfast 100 and always got speedtest results >108Mbps download, up to 21st. This morning?

Screenshot_2022-07-03-11-08-40-72_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

Gerry_Atric

My BQM graph at the moment

Gerry_Atric_0-1656931268703.png

And as mentioned before, this might be a non issue to some (in which case why are you even here?) but for the rest of us, yes, as someone correctly stated, it affects things like virtual desktops for remote working, gaming and even day traders! One of the key benefits of fibre connections is to have a more reliable connection with faster speeds and lower latency. Some are experiencing lower speeds, whilst I get sluggish performance with the odd freeze here and there. You will notice that straight away on a virtual desktop and I imagine also whilst gaming. 

htyaH

Another day of pain...

Gerry_Atric

@htyaH wrote:

Another day of pain...

...and still no official word from Vodafone as yet! 

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

So what's the problem that the "not quite so low as I'd like them to be", pings are causing?

I'm tending to think that the latency that's being reported is not high enough that anyone at Vodafone is likely to feel they have to do anything pro-actively to fix it!

Quite a different story with Zen who also had similar issues in the past. I remember reading a thread recently where some of the subscribers got a visit from one of Zen's network team members who ran tests and so on from their homes and collected diagnostic data. They took it very seriously and eventually resolved it. 

Interesting thread. Not the first time this has happened on Vodafone!

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4650306-fttpftth-vodafone-gigafast-high-ping.html?fpart=all

htyaH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...still bad ping :Sad_face:

Gerry_Atric

Sluggish as usual here. Haven't tried to do some manic reconnecting yet!

No change, but something happened at 2am to cause a disconnection and a tiny temporary drop in latency before returning back to 'non optimal conditions' 😉

Anyone else noticed the same?

Gerry_Atric_0-1657096730090.png

Hi everyone - I just wanted to pop on to say we're continuing to keep our eye on this and chasing updates - I spoke to the team earlier and it's still an open ticket, meaning it's still being looked into. They have said that the more examples we can provide the better and so far we've only had two from this thread.

If anyone's experiencing the same issue but hasn't posted, please get in touch with my team over on social media - please include your community username and a link to the post, not only that you won't need to repeat yourself but we also so we can match the conversation to the right ticket 🙂