Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Capacity Issue - Intermittent Connection

awb_94
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am experiencing an intermittant connection which has existed in some form since moving to Vodafone however over the past month it has significantly worsened. I have had an Openreach engineer out who checked the line and changed the master socket with no issues, the connection was okay for 24 hours however the intermittant connection returned.

I have had 20+ calls with vodafone and they seem incapable of even escalting the incident to the tier 2 team again, however it does seem like avoidance tactics are being employed. Reading the router event log it would appear the loss of connection is triggered by a loss of the IPV4 address initially. The connection is currently dropping 5+ times per hour.

I beleive this loss of IPV4 address may be caused by a capacity issue on the vodafone network which vodafone will not admit. Reading across twitter and this forum there are alot of people complaining of very similar issues, which would suggest it is not an individual line issue.

Given that I cannot get any sense out of vodafone on the phone and multiple call backs not happened I am posting on here to see who else is having these issues. My next step is to begin the complaints process with Ofcom if Vodafone can't even escalate this incident and provide an answer.

Who else has experienced increasingly poor issues over the past month with connection drops?

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd love the chance to turn this around for you @awb_94. I'm sorry to see you haven't received the calls arranged with you yet - we can do further tests and troubleshooting from our side for you in our team. Please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter, with a link to your post and your Community username. You then won't need to write out your query again and we can access your account securely through there.