Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Pro - Use My Own Router?

speedydan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi.

I have Pro Gigafast 900 at home. Generally - it has been really good. I haven't particularly had any problems with the connection. Wired devices have been solid.

I do however have a problem with the 2 'super wifi' boosters I have setup. Either One of them will drop at random points throughout the day. They come back up within about a minute - but it's quite annoying to be trying to do something upstairs, and for the connection to drop! Contacting support, they say that the boosters are receiving a huge amount of wifi interference - and that I should try moving them.

I never had this problem with previous mesh networks I've had setup at home, so my question is - can I use my own router and set up my own mesh again?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

You can certainly do that, but it will be wasting the premium that you pay for Pro* and you will lose the 4G backup and VoIP phone.

Vodafone will provide the username and password required, probably the best way to get it is via live chat.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

*I am aware they no longer supply Gigafast 900 without Pro, I think that is a real con.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks.

I am already getting to see the lack of information available and yes I will be hitting the road running when it's installed. 

My installation will be FTTP, CityFibre. Coming from VM after 18 years but SuperHub 3 is setup in Modem Mode and using a TP-Link AC1750.

Appreciate your support.

Jayach

You won't need a modem, wherever you use will connect directly to the fibre box (ONT), although some people do refer to it as a fibre modem.

If to wish to use your own router, you will need to get your username and password from Vodafone. Live chat is the easiest way to get it https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

You won't be able to use Vodafone's VoIP service so will loose the telephone, hopefully that will change in the future.

Hi I’m just wondering how your install went and did you manage to use your own AP’s? I mm currently on ee and managed to get the hub working with google home wifi AP’s which has been working great, especially when managing the kids usage but VM have just launched 900mbps In my area too with city fibre so have decided to move. Install date next week and also trying to get ahead of the game as my system is also complex with the need to use a draytek router for home automation kit. Did you manage to figure out the modem only mode ? Thanks

@Staypuffstedman wrote:

but VM have just launched 900mbps In my area too with city fibre 

Did you mean Vodafone?

Sorry I do me Vodafone not Virgin apologies