cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone and The Nightmare of getting home broadband.

LiamYule
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I never really feel the need to post something like this; but man the absolute nightmare I've had with Vodafone over the past 8 weeks cannot go unsaid. Let this be a warning for anyone considering taking them up on their offer of broadband.

I agreed to have Vodafone come to install fibre in my new flat around 2-3 months ago. We set a date, go through all the paperwork and the day finally arrives.

Two city fibre engineers arrive and inform me that the need to tear up my neighbours garden and also come back with the equipment to install an MDU box for flats into the building. They feed this back to Vodafone & Cityfibre.

Fast forward two weeks roughly and having agreed plans with my neighbour; Vodafone re-book an engineer. Now you would assume this meant that they would turn up with the box promised previously? Nope; same story again. Engineers inform me that they can't install it because they don't have this box and it's handled by another department. They feed this back a second time to Vodafone.

So, 2 weeks pass and I get a call from Vodafone; saying they need to re-create my order and that the engineers would arrive shortly thereafter. You would surely assume that they wouldn't send a third set of engineers over unable to install broadband? But yes you guessed it. Same story. No MDU box, "We'll feed this back to Cityfibre and Vodafone".

Let me add that they have already re-created my order twice now; sending me another router because "Oh we have to send the router" despite my telling them I already had one.

I'm told by Cityfibre that I need to tell Vodafone the situation and what is required for this install (Already had done twice, not that the agent seemed to care or understand). Why should I have to explain to Vodafone any of this? why can't they do their due diligence on cases like this? It's not the customer's job to explain to Vodafone how they should direct Cityfibre to install something. A complete and utter farce.

I have called multiple times and been assured by people on the phone that yes "we will install it right this time". But no. I even had someone on the TOBI chat confirm to me that they were coming with an MDU box; but that appeared to be lies.

I'm eventually told by Vodafone that Cityfibre are now refusing the order and that they need to re-survey the property and so will be cancelling my order for the time being. I'm advised at this point that I'll be waiting a further two months before this is done. So 4 months after moving in I *Might* just have an internet connection if we believe Vodafone. I was offered £20 I think off my next mobile bill? Which is honestly pathetic.

To make matters worse in this saga; I was provided with a dongle to keep me connected during this time; I was told that I would not be charged for it. Voila, today they have claimed £25 pounds for 600Mb of data! After an hour of talking to someone on live chat they claimed "not my department" and that they couldn't help. Also why on earth do I need to re-explain my situation as I bounce about departments on live chat?

I was bounced from the original person to the cancellations team to the technical team who put me back to the cancellations team (might I add after asking for a refund on this dongle for a fourth time)

Might I also point out that Tobi might be the most useless Bot on the internet.

So in short, 3 months after being promised internet, I don't have it; and the only thing I got was a hefty bill for my "complimentary" dongle. 

I've wasted too many hours of my life on this and I can 100% promise that once my mobile phone contract ends I'll be cancelling that also. This entire experience has been comical. 

Cheap prices and high speeds aren't worth it if the customer care and experience is so lacking.

3 REPLIES 3

Graydog7
4: Newbie

Nightmare. You have my sympathy.

If it ever does get connected you can look forward to even more troubles....

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Strikes me that Cityfibre aren't even aware that an MDU is required for your block despite 2 previous visits. I'd even expect a seperate engineer to come out and install and commission an MDU before your installation date. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LiamYule - I’m disappointed that you’ve had this experience when trying to get the Home Broadband installed. I completely agree that you shouldn’t have to pass messages back to us and that this should be between CityFibre and ourselves. I'm sorry that you've spent so much time trying to get it sorted. 

We can check what’s happening with the dongle charges and any other issues left outstanding on your account.

We’ll just need to take your account details securely first. Please contact my team through Social Media.

@Graydog7 - I've replied to your other post.