Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WIFI CHANNEL CHANGE

maughanorama
4: Newbie

hey all 

is there some magical invisible page on the new router that allows me to change the 2.4/5ghz channels ? the auto channel function just isnt working. 

and before anyone says look here and there and posts a link to the app. i have tried the app and im unable to even sync the app with my router.. 

is there a config editor that can open the backed up config so i can change it there and upload it back ? 

why has this function been removed from the firmware ? make 0 sense 

my internet is perfect until i try to use a 2.4ghz device then its hampered by my neighbors devices. theres a free channel i can see but unable to change to it

thanks 

156 REPLIES 156

never mind .... lol they should delete the mods post as its incorrect and misinformation 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

@Jayach wrote:

@maughanorama wrote:

no no i meant dribble ,, the sloppy goopy stuff. because that's what it was .. :Smiling: 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Though that might happen, but it was only in jest (mostly)

The complaints handling executive swings the editorial axe. It's tricky sometimes to express how one feels about bad service. 😁

I’m a new member here but this is exactly this issue I’m having. Channel 13 has far too much interference causing multiple devices to drop. My THG3000 router does not allow channel to be changed. Please can we have a firmware upgrade ASAP 

Jayach

@Strangerinncl wrote:

I’m a new member here but this is exactly this issue I’m having. Channel 13 has far too much interference causing multiple devices to drop.

This is the thing I can't understand, if you know the channel has too much interference, how can the router not work that out also?

Please can we have a firmware upgrade ASAP 

I wouldn't hold your breath.

as others have said .... install the previous version of the app and stop google from updating it. then you can at least change the channel through the app 

Jayach

@maughanorama wrote:

as others have said .... install the previous version of the app and stop google from updating it. then you can at least change the channel through the app 

Not everyone has an Android phone/tablet.

Yes sadly I don’t have android. Downgrading software should never be the fix but I appreciate people are trying to offer suggestions why we wait for a proper solution so thank you anyway

a proper formware update or at the very least an explanation of why vodafone thinks its a good idea to remove the channel selection from the firmware and the mobile app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mods are probably mostly paste bots tbh

Anonymous
Not applicable

The situation here is that my router decided about 3 weeks ago  to settle on Channel 5  for 2.4Ghz, which is frequently causing various devices to drop the wifi signal multiple times an hour. 

This is especially affecting Amazon Echos.

With every other ISP i have ever been with, even Nanny BT, I have been able to change Wifi channel to improve things. Not Vodafone though.

Even more annoying, .i have just wasted half an hour of my life on Vodafone chat with them asking me to change DNS settings and split the wifi to separate 2.4 and 5.

None of which steps, of course, have has changed anything.

So I am left with a service that is not fit for purpose.  Vodafone is not currently supplying the service it advertised. I had been told that Vodafone's service had improved a lot since the atrociously bad levels it used to provide. I don't think it has improved at all.