Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Websites showing my location as INDIA

User110920
4: Newbie

I have conntacted Vodafone customer support on many occasions regarding this issue. Many websites including Twitter seem to think I am located in India. Origin also prevented me from downloading a game since their IP location tools identified my IP address as being located in India. I cannot use certain apps either as they assume I am not in the UK. Many websites list their prices in Indian rupees. This has been going on for months and still has NOT been solved. 

I was told to send an email to Converged****@vodafone.com with the reference number FLT09621500 yet Vodafone support team can't seem to find it? So for this reason I am forced to post it on your forums to have it sorted out. I have no direct contact number.

19 REPLIES 19

User110920
4: Newbie

I have attached another email that I received from EA in october confirming that I was blocked from downloading trial software due to incorrect IP location information. 

Another attachment showing prices in Indian rupees. This is Namecheap, one of the biggest domain name providers.

Mwalmsley2020
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the same. 
The IP address pool Vodafone are allocating to some of their U.K. customers is actually owned / allocated to Vodafone India. 
I get promoted content on my YouTube feed from Indian companies and many websites think I'm in India. 

This seems to be a big problem affecting a large number of Vodafone customers and yes it appears to be a problem with the allocated IP address. I've wasted at least 10 hours of my time troubleshooting this problem over the last 3 months. I've been given all sorts if excuses by Vodafone including wrong DNS and incorrect router settlings. Vodafone technical support just read out a script and go through a random check list. They're an absolute joke.

Vodafone Support is an oxymoron. 
Ive had to use twice in the past, and as you say, they script read. No technical knowledge at all. 
Which is the exact reason I haven't bothered chasing this issue up. 
Looking to move as I'm now starting to experience throttling or something else dramatically affecting my speed when I connect to a corporate vpn network. 
50 mg d/l normally. As soon as I connect to vpn then I get less than 1mg. It's not the vpn (none of my colleagues get same issue with other providers) and I never experienced issue with Sky. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @User110920 - I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems with your routing. One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Can you please provide the direct number to support, the support team that are actually supposed to be looking into this issue who never called me back.

...and meanwhile trending in India...

Thank you so much for providing Indian Twitter content (see attached picture).

I'm seriously wondering what percentage of Vodafone users this is affecting. 

Support still has not called back. I only assume this is because they cannot fix it.

TJ

Did you contact us via our social channels @User110920? Or have the team gotten back to you since you last posted? You can also get in touch with our Broadband Support team on: 03333 040 191 or contact them via Live Chat