Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bad packet loss during peak times (3pm - 9pm) everyday

Jonoob
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I've been having very bad packet loss for the past 10 months or so. I used to have the Huawei 5g cpe pro which the issue started on. Since Vodafone don't offer replacement devices, I started a new Gigacube contract last month so I could try the SIM in a new router, however I am still getting the same issue with the new TCL HH500V Router.

-When I look at the status checker it says there's no issues in my area

-Packet loss happens on 4g and 5g

-Only 2 computers are connected to the router (both wired)

-Placement of the router is good according to tests, have tried different locations though.

-Tried changing DNS, using a VPN and factory resetting the router to no avail

Is there anything else I can try, or should I cut my losses and try to cancel my contract? The internet is unusable during these times, the download speed is okay (12mb/s) but new pages wont load and videos don't play.

Cheers,

Jonvodafone 5g.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jonoob - We don't want to lose you as a customer. I'm sorry to hear how long you've faced the issues for. Thanks for the tests and checks you've already done. 

We can take some details and examples from you through Social Media. Please reach out to us there and include a link to this post. 

mez68
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Similar issue here- did you get a resolution? If so what was it? 

Luckily they rolled out fiber near me, had to cancel the Vodafone contract, got a full refund via calling in their helpline multiple times :Sad_face: