Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMS over wifi with Poco X3 Pro?

sandspider
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all

I've just got the news about Vodafone retiring all sure signals. Great. I've recently signed up to a new contract with Vodafone for 2 years!

Luckily my phone does support wifi calling, and it seems to work, but although it claims to support SMS over WiFi, it doesn't seem to actually work, either send or receive. I need this for two factor auth, bank payments etc. I've talked to the Vodafone people who have basically tried turning it off and on again - no help. They will say the phone isn't on their approved list, even thoughn various other Xiamoi phones are.

Does anyone out there have a Poco X3 pro that can send and receive SMS / texts via WiFi calling?

If it's not possible, looks like my wife and I will be leaving Vodafone, after 15 plus years in my case...

12 REPLIES 12

Was told by Vodafone customer complaints staff member that Sure Signal will be ending in December 2021.
Me and wife's contracts were due to end in March 2023 but because of persisting with my complaint, much rigmarole, at least six hours on live chat and the phone, both our contracts end dates are to be brought forward to December 2021.
So.... if  Vodafone haven't got SMS over wifi working by then, we can leave without penalty.
In the meantime (starting with Smarty) I will be trialling other networks sim cards in my phone's second sim slot to see how their wifi calling and SMS shape up.

I have the Oppo X3 Find pro, and have contacted Oppo, it appears to be down to Vodafone to enable SMS on its service.  SMS is now vital given all banks use it regularly.  Also you chose to abandon SureSignal.

Please can you give us some reassurance that this will come soon, it is totally unacceptable 

Regards

RDC

Galaxy S3, Blackberry Bold & Vodafone Sure Signal since Aug 09

It won't be made available in the required timeframe, you have two choices, get a new phone from the Vodafone shop or switch to a network which has functioning SMS over WIFI.

BEWARE: most phones Vodafone sell cannot do SMS over WIFI, even if they can do Voice over WIFI.

There's a list here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Scroll down to "Check Supported Phones"

Voda Tech support told me weeks ago that SMS over WIFI would be made available on my handset, am still waiting.....