Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

1571 Not available!!!!

nicolas42
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I signed up to Vodafone for Broadband and Landline, as like many others they were offering such a great package.

My contract began October 2022 - all was ok until I wanted the 1571 Voicemail service. After contacting Vodafone via Tobi chat bot, and being assured by people in India it was put on my Landline and Yes it is definitely working, today I finally found out after calling their complaint dept. in Egypt, that 1571 IS NOT AVAILABLE on my Landline as I have Broadband with VoIP!

Why oh why wasn't I told about this when joining??

Apparently Vodafone are aware of this anomaly and are working hard to fix it! Also when B T scrape the old copper wiring in 2025, everyone will have to wait for it to be sorted!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @nicolas42 thanks for reaching out to us - I'm sorry to hear you weren't advised this when you took out your package or when you contacted us afterwards. 

You can view more information on Digital Voice / VOIP on our help page

If you'd like us to look into this further to feed this back, please come and chat to my team via social media - and if you include a link back to your post, you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂 

AWESOME!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH - Just speaking to Amy!

Hi Amanda.  It would help us full fibre customers if the Vodafone app didn't have 1571 as an available service or indeed an option to upgrade to the premium service

OhJackOh
1: Seeker

Just discovered the same. Spent 1hr 20 on TOBi and ‘Pro Support’ before being given a ticket number to figure out why 1571 doesn’t work despite setting it up a week ago. Today told not possible to have 1571. Shame I’ve just ordered a new telephone without answerphone facility having (attempted to) set up 1571. 
if Vodafone can figure how to create a global mobile network surely a simple process to advise 1571 not available if you have FTTP using basic logic or support scripts suggest that as a possible issue within 2 minutes. 
Frustrated as now have to return new phone and buy another. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Not sure why you would buy a new phone system and not continue to use whatever you had before?

They do make it obvious that 1571 is not available on digital voice.

What is Digital Voice? | Vodafone UK