Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Exisiting phone system not near router

rl11
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I found a post along these lines from 2022 but the solution accepted was to go with connecting up the wiring around the old master socket. This is not suitable for me as my wiring is nowhere near my router.

I was with BT when they switched me to Digital Voice over my FTTP. They provided me with a little plug in adapter, that allowed  me to connect my DECT system to their router, wirelessly. So simple.

Do Vodafone yet have any solution for connecting a DECT phone system to their router, wirelessly, as per the BT Digital Voice Adapter offering? The base unit of my DECT setup is not near to my router, so the BT wireless adapter is a perfect solution. I am considering a switch to Vodafone but it doesn't appear there is any way to get my phone system working, other than to run copper wires through the house! If the BT adapter won't connect to the Vodafone router and Vodafone don't have an adapter, does any other  manufacturer produce something that would work? - wirelessly. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@rl11 wrote:
Do Vodafone yet have any solution for connecting a DECT phone system to their router, wirelessly, as per the BT Digital Voice Adapter offering? The base unit of my DECT setup is not near to my router, 

No Vodafone don't have anything like the BT adapter, however, could you not move the DECT base to the router?

Ripshod

I've responded in the other thread.

Please stick to one thread cos it can get difficult to follow.