cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline not working. Superfast Broadband not affected.

Jimbob2309
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Been a vodafone broadband/landline/mobile customer for several years. Recently upgraded to Superfast 2- Full fibre. 

My landline has now stopped working for all outbound calls (no dialling tone) but inbound calls can be received as normal. Broadband is not affected and is OK.  Has anyone else had this or similar problem?

What is the solution?

When choosing this upgrade, at no point does anyone point out (literature, web etc) that when the fibre optic cable and new router is installed, your exisitng copper cable is disconnected the next day - making any phone sockets (i have six) redundant. You then have to plug your phone in the back of the router. Tha's OK if you just have one landline handset but I have x3 plus an alarm system that need a landline connection. I could have lived with this but now the landline doesnt work. Bought new handset, changed cables. Still not working.  Trying to avoid on-line chat to Vodafone with "TOBI" as last time it was the most painful and useless experience over 1hr 30 mins. Any help appreciated. Cheers!

11 REPLIES 11

vibre
3: Seeker

@Jimbob2309 wrote:

My landline has now stopped working for all outbound calls (no dialling tone) but inbound calls can be received as normal. Broadband is not affected and is OK.  Has anyone else had this or similar problem?

Does the issue persist when you use the provided "internet" cable to directly connect bt landline to the router( Tel1 ) ?

Yes - thats the only way to connect a phone line via the Green port (s).

Red is the main input port for fibre optic

Yellow and Blue are outputs for Cat5 cable direct to devices/connected routers

VFrouter.JPG

vibre

For the second part of your question on maintaining your current extension setup.

You could replace your BT master socket with something like this

s-hub.png

Jayach
16: Advanced member

As you are now on "digital voice", it's not difficult to connect the TEL socket on the router to your existing extension wiring.

Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_KGXMcJHk

Or try googling "connecting digital voice to existing extensions"

Good luck.

Thanks but thats exactly what I described in my original post. 

The issue is that the phone line only now can receive incoming call and you cant make outgoing calls.

CrimsonLiar

@vibre wrote:

For the second part of your question on maintaining your current extension setup.

You could replace your BT master socket with something like this

s-hub.png

Surely that's a RS485 sensor hub?  IF it works as a hub for phones that's certainly not what it's designed for - and I cant imagine it would work!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jimbob2309 you can find out more information on setting up your new Digital Voice service on our 'how to set up my home phone' support page

Thanks Amanda, but thats exactly what I did on the day the router was installed. My set up is idential to the set you directed me to.

The issue i have is that my landline/telephone/digitalvoice no longer allows outgoing calls (no dial tone) but still rings and works OK for incoming calls.

Help!

Thanks

Jayach

@Jimbob2309 

You will need to speak to Vodafone support.

Call 08080 034 515 or use live chat. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/