cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline not working for 2 months straight. Shocking!!!

Artist360
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. 

For the past 2 months my landline for my business has stopped working. No incoming or outgoing calls. 191 has been contacted many times and the operators from outside the UK repeatedly say it will take up to 48 hours for a BT Openreach engineer to fix the line. 

After so many complaints and the same excuse that's 2 months the line has been down.

Do I need to take legal action as the Vodafone bill has been paid but yet no phone line and a massive impact on the business.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

After months of no service i now finally find out why my line was not working. I managed to find someone who contacted the local BT exchange centre to physicly check my line. 2 minutes later somone finds out my telephone line was unplugged. So engineer reconnected me instantly and line is back on.

So a 2 minute job took months to start which is shocking and BT openreach was responsible for accidently disconnecting me in the first place.

Well im moving to 4G broadband now since BT Openreach messes everything up and poor vodafone got blamed for it.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Artist360 I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here. They'll be able to run line tests for you and can escalate this to the relevant departments.

Mine is heading that way, 17 days and counting.  Utterly useless.  The only feedback you will ever get is that is will be three more working days.  You never get pro-actively contacted, you have to ring or go on a chat yourself.  They basically hide behind the OpenReach excuse.  There has to be a contracted length of time before which a fault MUST be fixed otherwise compensation is due.  You could build and re-wire a brand new exchange from scratch in 17 days let alone fix one cable.   

Hello.

After months of no service i now finally find out why my line was not working. I managed to find someone who contacted the local BT exchange centre to physicly check my line. 2 minutes later somone finds out my telephone line was unplugged. So engineer reconnected me instantly and line is back on.

So a 2 minute job took months to start which is shocking and BT openreach was responsible for accidently disconnecting me in the first place.

Well im moving to 4G broadband now since BT Openreach messes everything up and poor vodafone got blamed for it.